Hogwarts AU (Part 2)

When potions was over, Will, Max and El grabbed their things and made their way towards the Great Hall. Once they arrived, the delicious smells of the feast hit Will's senses; roasted pork, grilled pineapple drizzled with honey, beef stew, mashed potatoes with gravy, filet, mac & cheese topped with truffles, pumpkin pasties and treacle tarts, custards, and amazing aromas the young Byers had never even smelled before. Just thinking of the food at Hogwarts made Will want to smile with glee.

Approaching the Gryffindor table, Will waved at Mike. This made Dustin in his Ravenclaw uniform and Lucas in his Gryffindor one cease with their conversation and turn towards the girls Will Byers had brought back with him. In a hurry, Dustin started moving away plates and papers in attempt to make room for the new company.

Max smiled politely and thanked him, which made Dustin turn a shade of red.

Soon, El and Max were situated and seated like old friends instead of the mere strangers that they were. "Um, guys," Will said, eyeing everyone, "these are Max and-"

"El," Mike said, cutting the Hufflepuff boy off. The Gryffindor girl's head whipped around to see who had called upon her. "Mike."

"Yeah, that's El. How do you know her?" Max asked. Will could tell a bit of suspicion was laced in her usually calm voice. El smiled at Mike in his Gryffindor attire, looking absolutely love-struck, leaving Mike to answer the question.

"Oh! We just, uh, know each other because El's a Gryffindor," the red-headed Slytherin raised an eyebrow at this, so Mike continued rambling on. "She- I mean I- I mean we do homework together sometimes. I help her with Arithmacy," Mike fumbled out. El simply nodded. This apparently was enough to convince Max Mayfield. She shrugged and picked up a pastry from the feast.

Taking a small, cautious nibble into it, Max's grey-blue eyes lit up with excitement. She swallowed in a hurry and blurted out, "Holy Salazar, have you guys tried these things? They're absolutely heavenly!"

The group shared a laugh together before they dove into the treasure of a feast before them. Jokes were shared —many of which were of off-wack professors—,food was eaten, and overall good times were had.

Will Byers took a glance over at his brother, Johnathan Byers. His Head Boy badge glinted a proud blue and grey in the Great Hall's candlelight. Next to Johnathan was Nancy, Johnathan's Gryffindor girlfriend, who was laughing at some joke that was made. Across from them was Robin Buckley, a sly Slytherin, and Steve Harrington.

The sight of Steve in Johnathan's relative area was a surprise to Will. A pleasant surprise, sure, but a surprise nonetheless.

Just last year, Steve and Johnathan were bickering and fighting like petty young children. Now it seemed like they were getting along quite well, so much so that they can exchange jokes and dine at the same table with the same friends.

Will also noticed how Robin Buckley, a girl who once felt like a total outsider, was finally joining in on the fun of having friends to hang out with. Will was especially fond of Robin, for she was the one who had helped Will discover his sexuality and opened his eyes to a whole new world of amazing ice-cream flavors. For these reasons, the young Hufflepuff boy was forever grateful.

Now, focusing back on his own group of diverse friends, Will smiled. This was going to be an amazing, magical year.