1- New Student

Will Byers x Gender neutral reader

1st person POV

Today was my first day at a new school. I had moved from California because my parents just divorced and didn't want to see each other again. Which is fine with me, I never really liked my mother's side of the family much.

So my father and I moved to a small town called Hawkins, Indiana. Right when we pulled up to our new neighborhood, I realized that Hawkins was a normal town, with normal people, living their normal lives. Everybody knew everybody, and I knew nobody....which made me nervous.

(Time Skip)
As Dad drove me to Hawkins High, my new school, I started to think of all the bad things that could happen.

"What if I'm made fun of at school. What if I don't make any friends. What if I fail all my classes..." I rambled to my father.

"Honey, you're gonna be fine. You'll make friends like you had in California and you're gonna have an amazing year." he assured me. I sighed, grabbed my stuff, and headed out of the car.

"Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too Dad."

Walking in the building, I saw complete chaos. Kids were everywhere! Then the bell rang, and everyone scattered to their first period. Mine was Mr. Clarke's science.

"Alright, class, listen up! We've got a new student and their name is y/n! Y/n, say something about yourself."

"Um, ok... my name is y/n  y/l/n and I love D&D. My friends back in California and I used to have conventions every weekend," you announced

At this some kids in the class snickered and laughed. This made you redden and look down.

"Thank you, y/n. You can sit in the empty seat next to William Byers. Will, please raise you hand."

A shy, brown haired kid with a bowl cut slowly raised his hand. You grabbed your stuff and took the seat next to him.

The whole science class flew by in a jiffy, and you didn't listen to a thing the teacher said. Every once in a while you would look next to you, feeling someone staring at you. It was Will, the shy kid. Once he noticed that you caught him staring, he quickly looked away, his face turning red.

The bell rang and kids hurried out of class. You waited behind, wanting to talk to Will to get to know him.

"Hey Will, wait up," you said as he was about to leave the classroom.
"Oh hi, y/n..."
"I just wanted to ask something..." you said slowly. "Um.. why were you staring at me during the lesson?" At this, the boy with the bowl cut turned a deep shade of red and looked down.

"Well, I don't know... you're cool, like really cool and I kinda have a crush on you and-" You cut him off with a quick peck on his cheek. When you looked at him again, he was frozen in place.
"Um... y/n?"

You smiled at his disbelief. This made him blush even harder.
"See you around, Byers," you said, walking away.