1- ❄️How They Asked You to the Snowball❄️

Characters x Gender neutral reader

Dustin-

So there's this really cool kid at school. They're popular and hang out with Stacy, and they seem super nice. They have beautiful y/h/c locks and glistening y/e/c eyes. I think I have a crush on them.

I was way too nervous to ask them before the dance, so I asked them the night of the Snowball.
"Hey, y/n.... wanna dance with me? I've had a crush on you forever and-" I started
"Sure... Dustin, right?" they answered. I gulped. How did y/n, the y/n know me?

"Yeah.. I was wondering if you would dance with me.."
"Of course, Dustin" they giggled. The rest of the night they danced with me. With my hands on their hips and theirs on my shoulders, we slow danced to Cyndi Lauper, Police, and other songs.

When the night was over, I walked y/n home. At their doorstep, they turned around to face me. "I had a really good time tonight, Dustin."

I smiled. "Me too."

Mike-

Y/n had been a part of our party for a while, and I had developed a crush on them. I was completely head over heels for them it was u real. The way they laughed, the way their smile lit up a room, the jokes they made... it drove me nuts.

It just so happened that the Snowball, this stupid dance for our school, was coming up. I was planning on asking them today, but I was super nervous about their answer.
What if they say no?
What if this ruins our friendship?
What if they say yes?

These wild thoughts circulated through my brain. Then, I came up with the best idea... I would write a note and put it in their locker. If they say no, at least I won't be talking to them face-to-face. Here goes nothing...

Y/n's POV

I walked to my locker to head to science when I saw a note sticking out of it. It read-

Y/n,
I've liked you for a while now, and was wondering if you would go to the Snowball with me...

Be the Juliet to my Romeo?
-M.W.

When I was done reading, I looked up to see Mike peeking around the corner. He had a nervous look on his face, and when he saw me looking at him, he started blushing and looking down. This made me smile.

I slowly walked up to him, and grinned.
"So-"he started. But before he could finish, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. After a few seconds, he started kissing back.

"So that's a yes?" he asked after we broke away.
"Of course, Wheeler," I answered.

Lucas-

Y/n and I had been best friends for a while. I was their best friend, and they were mine. But I had developed feelings for them after a while. I had to confess my feelings for them sooner or later, so I chose sooner.

Our whole party was at lunch eating. All the guys were in on the plan, so y/n was the only person who didn't know what was happening. Here goes nothing...

"So umm, y/n.."I began.
"Yeah Lucas?"
"Are you looking forward to the Snowball this year?"
"Umm... not really. I guess I'm going, but I don't have a date..." they said, quite sadly.

This is your chance, Lucas
Don't screw this up..

"I was wondering... doyouwannagotothesnowballwithme?"
"What? Can you repeat that? I didn't hear you," y/n replied.
I sighed. "Do you want to go to the Snowball with me?"
At this they giggled. Then, these giggles became full on laughs. Before I knew it, they were having a laughing fit. Hell, they were even snorting some

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked. They finished giggling and said, "I-I'm sorry.. I just was so nervous that I had nobody to go with me and I laughed. I thought you'd never ask me though. I could've sworn you like Margret."
"Margret? No way! I like you," I replied.
"I like you too Lucas...."
"So, will you go to the dance with me?"
"Of course," y/n answered.

At this, we hugged while everyone else at the table clapped and whistled