3- #1 Fan

Lucas Sinclair x Gender neutral reader
(just a short lil update)

Sound erupted from every direction as more and more people crowded into the Hawkins gymnasium.
"Jason! Jason!"
"Woo! Go, Jason!!"
"Yay, Jason!"

While everyone was cheering on the famous captain of the basketball team, Mike, Dustin, Max and y/n stood with bored expressions. Mike nudged his curly-haired friend.

"You'd think with the fan club that Jason has he'd payed all of them to yell his name." Dustin snorted in response. Max didn't look amused. She rolled her eyes and put on her headphones without a word.

Still, their friends' lack of enthusiasm didn't phase y/n; they kept watching the pep rally unravel, patiently waiting for a certain player on the team to be introduced.

"...and up next we have.. what's his name? Luke? No, Lucas Sinclair!" the announcer said.

From behind the doors of the gym, Lucas skipped his way up to meet the rest of the team. Polite clapping followed his name, but the noise wasn't nearly as loud as it was for the more well-known members of the basketball team.

Suddenly y/n caught Lucas' gaze and the nervous smile he wore morphed into an excited, confident one. In return, y/n's cheering and applause grew in volume. Mike, Max and Dustin looked over in y/n'a direction, surprised at their sudden interest in the pep rally. This went unnoticed by y/n, as they held Lucas' eyes gleefully.

"Woohoo!! Yeah, Lucas!" y/n cupped their hands around their mouth to amplify sound. "Go, Sinclair!!!"

Beside y/n, Max elbowed Mike. "Is this new?" she gestured between y/n and Lucas with her hand. Mike shrugged.
"Maybe, I'm not sure. But it sure does seem like Lucas has a faithful fan."

{an: as some might've noticed i haven't updated in a while since it's been a bit since a season has been released but i'm back!!

YAY FOR SEASON 4 :DD

also, my writing style has changed a bit bc life's been busy lately and a close friend of mine is writing most of these now, so big thanks to them :) }