2- Soulmate

Will Byers x Gender neutral reader

1st person POV
So there's this weird thing that's been happening lately- I've started to get strange drawings on my arm. I could be in the middle of class when all of a sudden I look down at my wrist and there are drawings of planets and birds. It's like someone drew on me with permanent marker, because it stays on for a long time. And to be completely honest, I have been drawing stuff on my arm too. Simple things like hearts and flowers. Today I have a drawing of Saturn and it's rings. I'm super curious about this. So, I decided to ask my friends about it the next day at school...

The Next Day

I walk up to the party and stand beside Mike. They were all there- Dustin, Mike, Will, Max, and Lucas. (Sorry guys, no Eleven)

"Hey, guys, hows it going?" At this I received heys and hellos. "I have a question. I've been getting weird marking on my arms and hands. It's like someone's writing on me. Does anyone know what this is?"

"Yeah, those are soulmate marks, y/n." Lucas answered. "I kept getting things like that too until I found out who it was. Turns out, my soulmate is Max." At this, Lucas smiled at the redhead who smirks and blushed.

"Anyway, y/n, whenever your soulmate writes on themself it shows up on your arm. And if you write on yourself it shows up on them," Dustin says.
"But what if they write super weird stuff. My soulmate's been drawing planets and stars," I say, showing the party my arm.

At this, Will turns a deep shade of red. "I... I um gotta go guys. See ya later!"
Then he turns in the different direction and fast-walks away.

"Well that was strange," Max said.
"Yeah, did you see how red he turned?" Mike added.
"Hey guys, I'll see you 'round. I'm going to check on Will," I say walking away.

I finally caught up to Will right as he was about to turn the corner to go to class.
"Will, you've been acting weird lately. Is everything ok?" I ask him.
"I'm fine y/n, really."
"No you're not, Will. You're my best friend and I know when something's wrong." At this, I put his hand in mine. This makes him blush even more. When I look down at our hands, I see a marking on Will's arm. Whatever it is, it's on the same spot as my marking. Then I realize what it is...

I quickly grab his arm to see the same drawing of Saturn that's on my arm, right next to the flower I drew.
"So you're my soulmate, huh?" I said in a daze.
"I'm sorry y/n. Someone like you shouldn't be stuck with me for the rest of their life."
"Are you kidding me, Will?" I started. "I've had the hugest crush on you since, like, 3rd grade! I would LOVE to be your soulmate... but only if you want to be mine."
"Wait, y/n... you actually like me? Like, have a crush on me?"
This made me blush and look down at our intertwined hands.

They fit so perfectly together. We were totally meant to be. But what if he doesn't like me back? What if he thinks I'm weird?

"Yeah, Will, I guess I do have a crush on you. I'm sorry if you don't like me back. Y-you know what? I'm going to go to class... See you later Will...." I turned the other direction and headed to class.
"Y/n, wait!" I turned around to come face to face with Will.

His warm embrace was like a blanket of comfort wrapped around me. For a few seconds we stood there, just hugging.

"Mister Byers! Miss y/l/n! Shouldn't you two be in class by now?" A voice said behind us.

"Y-yes ,Mr. Clarke, s-sorry." Will stuttered. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back with the same happiness.

"So, um... wanna be my partner?" The Byers kid asked.
"I would love to, Will!" I answered.

And together we walked to class, hand in hand.