Chapter Eight - Your Problem Is You Have No Faith

You know the procedure. Just finished in the middle of the night, no betas available. I should really get a grip on my writing (and sleeping) habits.

This was an emotional one to write, you guys. So settle down, put on your seatbelts, we're about to make some fucking progress!

Reference to "Waving Through A Window" from Dear Evan Hansen. Just bc.
Lyrics from "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence.

Gods, I hope you're gonna like this one. Fingers crossed! And I hope you'll still find it ic. That's a bit tricky once we're taking our boys out of their comfort zone, but I'm doing my best.

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate yall sooo much!!

~oOo~oOo~oOo~

Eileen stands in the door of Dean's room, the hunter sprawled out over his bed, arms crossed behind his head, staring at the ceiling. Miracle is lying at his feet, his snout placed on Dean's left shin.

"Dean?"

His head snaps up in sync with the dog's, eyebrows raised in surprise. It would look funny if she didn't know about the thoughts he'd most certainly been ripped out of by her entering.

"Eileen, hey!" He looks confused, but not unhappy to see her. That's a good sign. Maybe he's more in talking mood than she anticipated. As far as there is something like talking mood when it comes to Dean.

"Can I...?" She gestures inside and watches how he gets up from the bed, already waving her to get in.

"Yeah, sure."

Eileen smiles and steps over the threshold, closing the door behind her by leaning against it with her back.

The dog comes up to her, wiggling his tail and she leans down to scratch him behind his ears.

"You were gone so quickly I didn't even really get to say hi", she says to Dean, sprinkling a hint of reproach into her voice, just for good measure. (She can't help it, ok? Getting The Dean Winchester all flustered is a skill, and an amusing one at that.) She silently congratulates herself when he grins a little guiltily.

"Oh, yeah, sorry 'bout that", he says, rubbing a hand over his neck. "I had...ah. Stuff, y'know."

It's almost ridiculous how bad both of these morons are lying, really. She has to appreciate the effort though and doesn't comment on it.

"Yeah..." Dean lets his gaze wander through the room, apparently unsure where to settle. She's aware that and he's making excuses, and he's aware that she's aware. Because come on - fucking everyone would be aware. It seems like he doesn't come across anything worth focusing on, though, finding the courage to lock eyes with her after all.

"Anyway." He claps his hands, shrugging the air of awkwardness like a coat to reveal the usual confident Dean she knows and loves. "Come here!" He opens his arms, waving her over, and Eileen can't help but smile.

His hug is warm and affectionate and she melts into it for a moment, enjoying the feeling of a brother she found in this unexpected place. When he releases her, she wastes no time before she sits down on the bed as if it were the most natural thing in the world, petting down in invitation for Dean to join her. He quirks an eyebrow at her.

"Is Sammy not gonna miss you?" He smirks and Eileen gives him a scolding glance.

"I'm sure your brother can manage without me for a few minutes."

"Ah, I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you", he says, but sits down nevertheless and she grins. "You should've heard him. Telling everyone with ears how you took out those vamps all by yourself."