4 - Doctor, Can You Help Me 'Cause I Don't Feel Right

| Doctor, Can You Help Me 'Cause I Don't Feel Right |

'Cause I Don't Feel Right |

For a few days at the middle of October, James had fallen very ill. He spent 3 days in the hospital wing with a common but very tiring cold. Ofcourse, the Marauders had visited him every day, recounting the events of each day to him. Even Lily had tagged along with them one day, using the 'I need to give him the class notes' excuse. To say he was thrilled would be an understatement.

However, one night Sirius stayed back with James, long after all the others had left. Remus had advised him not to, so when Peter said he'd stay too, he smacked his head and pulled him out of the hospital wing. Diane thought it would be fine if Sirius stayed with James, nothing bad would come out of it. She was wrong, though.

The next day, Sirius woke up with a dry throat, teary eyes and a runny nose. He kept coughing as he get dressed in the morning, not wanting to admit that Remus was right because 'Moony's always right, it's not fair!'. When he walked down the dormitory stairs, he couldn't hide his coughing fit, which was heard by Diane all the way in her dorm. Lily, Marlene, Lizzie and Diane all turned to look at each other. It was Sirius' voice that let out a string of curses after the coughing fit.

   Diane tutted as she walked down the girls' stairs, all dressed and ready to berate Sirius for  spending so much time with James. But when she saw Sirius slumped on the common room couch looking up, she freezed. He had red, shiny eyes and pink cheeks. He wasn't wearing his robes, just his white blouse with his red and gold tie tied loosely. She couldn't make herself scold him even the slightest when he looked like that.

"Lynx? What are you standing there for?" his voice was sickly because of his blocked nose. And so cute, thought Diane, like a little child's.

  "I was coming to scold you for staying with Prongs, but I can't do that, now I've seen you," she smiled sheepishly.

   "Awww. Come here, you," Sirius held his arms wide open. His cold must have clouded his judgment. However, Diane stepped forward but then froze suddenly. She gasped, sounding scandalized.

  "You're trying to get me sick as well, aren't you?" she asked raising an arched eyebrow and pointing at him accusingly, a smirk on her face.

"So you could skive off classes and stay with me!" he pouted, snuggling into a blanket that was on the couch.

   Just then Remus walked down with Peter tailing behind him. "He's sick, isn't he? I knew it. Pads, I told you not to stay for long." Remus mused, so absorbed in the book he was reading. James later came down, laughing as he saw Sirius sprawled on the couch.