13 - No Body, No Crime

| No Body, No Crime |Warning: mentions of ab*se and t*rture

Warning: mentions of ab*se and t*rture

"Good morning, Mum!" came the voices of Diane and James, one day before Christmas Eve. They ran down the stairs for breakfast in their Christmas pyjamas, Remus following behind in a reindeer themed pyjama James forced him to wear.

"Good morning, Mrs Potter," greeted Remus, smiling.

"Oh. Remus dear, I told you, call me Euphemia!" she berated jokingly.

"Aunt Euphemia?"

"Oh, alright!" she chuckled.

   "Lily and Sirius'll be coming tomorrow, right, Mum?" asked James as he sat down next to Diane and put eggs on his plate.

"Yes, around the evening, perhaps,"

   "Yes, Sirius has owled me, he said he'll be here by 5 o'clock or so. He says he would've come today if it wasn't for their family Christmas dinner," explained Remus as he dug into his french toast.

   "Oh I hope he doesn't do anything to get himself in trouble," came Mrs Potter's voice as she washed the dishes.

"Trust me, Mum, he will," said Diane, exasperated, cutting into her hash browns.

*       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

Three knocks were sounded at the door of the Potter's residence at 2 am that night. James was downstairs (luckily, he would say later) eating jam and butter toast because he couldn't sleep. The knocks made his heart skip a beat, pulling him upstairs to get his wand so he could open the door. He crept upstairs quietly as to not wake his family.

He opened the door slowly, wand held tightly in hand. His breath caught in his throat once he got a glimpse of who was outside.

"S-Sirius?"

"James," he gasped. "Can't- can't walk," he stumbled forward and collapsed on James. The bespectacled boy was stunned but immediately held onto his brother and supported his weight as he helped him in.

   Forgetting about not waking his family, he turned on the lights. As he carefully put down Sirius on the living room sofa, he yelled, "M-Mum! Dad! Sirius, S-Sirius! He's here!"

In a matter of minutes, Euphemia, Fleamont and Diane Potter came rushing down with Remus, all wearing their nightwear.

"W-what happened, James?" asked Mr Potter as he sat next to Sirius, inspecting his face. His face and his arms were littered with bruises and he was holding his arm, most likely broken. He had a bloody gash on his left cheek as well. Mrs Potter rushed to start healing him, kneeling in the floor beside Sirius' lying figure on the sofa.

"I-I don't know! He knocked and- and I opened the door and he collapsed on me!" he explained frantically, voice wavering. "Is he going to be alright?" he asked his mother, who was hovering her wand above Sirius and muttering healing incantations.