Chapter 16

Kai's Pov

"Hey, so how did your date go?" Lauren asked, as I joined her and Zayn at the lunch table.

"Well, I told her about my parents."

"Shit must be getting serious." Zayn said, with a smirk on his face. "So did you guys get your cabin list yet?"

"I forgot we were spending the week before Halloween on a school trip." I said, "but no I didn't."

"Don't worry before Camila and I broke up, I made sure she convinced her Dad to put us together." Lauren smiled.

"Well, speaking of me, do you mind if we sit? Every other seat is taken." We turned to Camila and Shawn, who held their trays nervously, waiting for an answer.

"The more the merrier." Zayn murmured, already knowing the awkwardness approaching.

"Cool," Camila nodded, taking a seat by Shawn and I.

"So, you and Austin?" Lauren spoke up, looking at Camila.

Camila blushed. "Um, yeah. It's not official yet though,"

"Awkward," Zayn chuckled in my ear, so that only I could hear.

"Look Lauren, I didn't mean for things to go down like that. I should've respected you and Camila's relationship." Shawn said. "I just wanted to get that off of my chest."

"Oh, no it's fine. Clearly she wasn't happy."

"Lauren don't be like that." Camila frowned.

"Be like what? Three fucking years together and it took you two fucking minutes to get over me, while we were together." She yelled, drawing some attention to us.

"Bub, calm down."

"No I'm sorry, but I can't sit here and act like I'm okay with you guys sitting here." She scoffed, grabbing her tray before heading out of the cafeteria.

"I'll go after her. Zayn, don't you have a thing?" I said to him, knowing that was our code word for helping each other escape unwanted situations.

"Uh, yeah. I forgot Gigi wanted to meet in the music room. See you guys." He sent a wink my way with a smile before exiting the table, and I went after my green eyed friend.

"Laur, are you okay?" I asked, when I finally found her in an empty classroom.

"I'm fine." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Camila's missing out, bub. You deserve better, love." I sighed, leaning against the door.

"You don't understand." Lauren said.

"Understand what?"

Ariana's Pov

"Hey, do you guys know where Kai is?" I asked Camila and Shawn, who sat at Kai's usual table.

"She went looking for Lauren, they're probably in the east hallway." Shawn answered, with a small smile.

"Thanks." I nodded, rushing down the halls to finally get some time with my unofficial girlfriend.

After moments of walking down the hallway, I finally hear voices toward some random classroom. As I got closer, I realized it was Kai and Lauren's voices.

"Understand what?"

"Kai, I-I think I have feelings for you."

"W-What?"

"I-I should go."

And before I knew it, a crying Lauren rushed out of the hall towards the west exit.