Chapter 5 (NEW)

Kai's Pov

"You did it," Ariana said approaching my table.

It was Monday afternoon, during our lunch period and I was sitting with Camila, Lauren, and Zayn. Today was unusual, Nonna and Joan went out early this morning, Frankie went on some date, and Ariana left out before me, so the house was quiet. I enjoyed the silence since the yelling every morning always disturbed my sleep.

I couldn't say I was mad at Ariana though, it seemed like typical her, but for Shawn, he made sure to keep his distance from us four.

I looked at Ariana weirdly, with my head cocked to the side. "Did what exactly?"

"Don't play dumb, you're the one who made the post. You just ruined my relationship." She spat.

"And if I did?" I smirked, growing amused by her frustration.

Lauren scoffed at Ariana, "You ruined your damn relationship. She was with us all night, and she couldn't literally care less about who you're fucking or your love life," Without wanting to cause attention to herself, Ariana sat down at our table, since people had begun to stare.

"If I wanted to ruin your relationship, I would've, and we both know that, considering I know you better than anyone else. And, you chose to do your own damn dare," I shrugged, grabbing my tray, and throwing it out as I exited the cafeteria.

I was on my way to my car, deciding to go home when I noticed Shawn down the hall and walking closer to me.

"Kai, can we just talk?" I heard him yell.

"There is no talking for us to do," I said, simply, taking a different route to the parking lot. I hated school, I hated being here, and I hated going to my locker especially. All of my teachers thought I purposely forgot my books when I went to class, but in reality, I hadn't opened my locker since the day before our last break, the last time she touched my locker. I remembered the locker like the back of my hand, especially because hers was adjacent to mine. My locker consisted of nothing but pictures of us, the notes she gave me, sketches that she used to do, and the stuff of hers she'd leave in my locker. I knew at the end of the year, I would have to clean it out, but I still had time to hold it off.

When I made it to my car, I noticed Victoria in there, presumably about to skip as well.

As soon as she noticed me, a smile spread across her face, "I knew you would ditch today," She laughed.

I smiled, with a small shrug. "Vic, I ditch almost every day,"

"Good, I need a break from today."

"You know I'm not coming back at all?" I said, unlocking my car so that both of us could get in and leave.

"Duh, sometimes I wonder how we're even related,"

Ariana's Pov (tw: abuse)

"Ariana!" I heard someone call, as I was purposely rushing down the hall, to get to my car. I literally just wanted to go home. I realized it was Dalton when he finally caught up to me and grabbed my arm. I hadn't seen him all day, which I was hoping to avoid so I could figure out the right words to save my relationship.

"Dalton, I—"

He laughed, stopping me before I could even get the words out. "Ariana it's fine. I know you guys almost hooked up and this was just some dumb cheerleader dare. I'm not mad,"

Really?

"And you don't have to run from me anymore," He said, playfully.