Chapter 13 (NEW)

Kai's Pov

This was by far the worst trip yet, all the adults left to go discuss business, while we were stuck in the house with nothing to do. Normally, my parents took turns every year staying back with me so I wouldn't be alone and bored but due to these forever circumstances, I would probably always be this bored. They always talked about another child, but I enjoyed being the only one, I had friends to make up for being an only child. Honestly, in a way, Victoria was like my sister. But once I started dating her, she would go out with me instead while my parents did their business work together. And I missed it that way. As much as I hated to think about her right now, I knew Ariana did as well because the four of us sometimes went places together.

While everyone else remained sprawled around the house, Lauren, Charlie, Liam, Courtney, and I sat in the living room. I stayed down here for Lauren, while Charlie, Liam, and Courtney were talking.

Cutting off whatever conversation was currently going on, I got up, heading for the stairs since I remembered I brought my music laptop which would cure my boredom.

"What? Talking about relationships is too boring for you?" I heard from behind me, of course, it was Charlie.

"Anything is better than wasting my time here," I shrugged.

"Sorry Mommy or Daddy can't be here to tend to your every need this time, must be hard," Charlie sneered, high-fiving Liam who was also laughing.

"You guys are dicks," Courtney sighed, storming upstairs.

Liam sighed, "Babe, lighten up. It's just a bit of a joke,"

"Charlie, your fucking parents haven't had a successful business since you were born. And if you think drugging someone is just gonna go away... I suggest you say bye to Daddy's money," Lauren scoffed.

Liam spoke up, "Oh so what? Your girlfriend's Dad doesn't even own a business."

"I mean your band flopped, it's not like you have anything successful going on," I spat.

"Huh, isn't that funny," Liam chuckled, "Not even a year ago were your girlfriend's body found, can't think of anything that was floppier than—"

I didn't even let him finish his sentence, I charged at him. But of course, Lauren wouldn't let me go, surprisingly neither did Charlie.

"Liam, that's fucked up," Charlie shook his head.

"What? You're going soft on her. She's probably the psycho that runs The Page. Does anyone else not find it suspicious that she's the only one whose life isn't being ruined?"

"My life is already ruined, I couldn't give a fuck about someone trying to ruin my life by drama," I said with a small shrug, escaping their grip, and heading up to my room.

Closing my door, and picking up my laptop, I remembered a song I recently wrote, I began to write the next verse until falling asleep minutes later.

I didn't wake up til the next morning, earlier than everyone else. It was five am, with the sun barely rising, so I thought this would be a perfect time to get dressed and go surfing. Something I hadn't done since I was fifteen, my parents surprised me with an island trip and brought...well, you know who.

Just as I was about to leave out though, I heard someone coming from the stairs.

"God, you scared me," Lauren eased, once she realize it was me leaving. "Wait, let me grab my shoes. I'm coming with... unless you'd rather be alone?"

"Your company isn't that bad," I joked, earning an eye roll from my best friend.

Lauren didn't take long, grabbing her shoes, and a book. We started walking down the beach together and for it to be five am, it was so hot.