Chapter 1 (NEW)

Ariana's Pov

Senior lunch period on Friday was always the best time of the week. Parties were usually happening Saturday night, and everyone would be spreading the word about it during lunch.

I normally sat with my friends, Victoria and Courtney at the middle table. Everyone knew to always keep walking because we weren't exactly very social with anyone who was deemed unknown at this school. Everyone sat separate, at their tables, with the cafeteria loud and rowdy.

Friday also marked Dare Day for us cheerleaders. Just like the football players, we had fitness days, and whoever came out with the lowest average score on that day, would have to do a team dare.

Two weeks ago, a girl had to strip in the middle of a History class, and last week, Courtney played Megan Thee Stallion on the loud speaker during an assembly, the dares were pretty bad.

You had to do the dare though, no ifs, ands, or buts. I had never done one thankfully, since I was always on top of my game.

"And there goes our boyfriends," Courtney said smiling as she noticed the three boys walking towards us.

I was dating Dalton Gomez, he wasn't the star quarterback or a star on the basketball team, he was just the smartest, cutest and richest guy if I may add. Dalton was sweet, caring, and a good boyfriend all around. I wasn't with him for money since well of course I had my own, I just loved the fact that he was genuinely a good guy, and his parents just happened to be very successful. We'd actually make 6 months in a couple of weeks.

Victoria was with Charlie Puth, who was known for his writing and his singing abilities. He wasn't in our school band but they met during a party him and a band performed at. To say they liked each other was an understatement though, they'd always been completely in love.

And Courtney dated Liam Payne, another singer, but he mostly focused on playing football and was pretty good at it. They were one of the longest standing couples, almost being together for a year and a half now.

"Hey Ari," Dalton said walking up to me with a smile on his face.

I smiled back happily, embracing him in a hug. "Hi,"

"What were you three doing?" Liam asked, just after greeting his girlfriend, who was just as happy to see him.

"Well babe, we were getting our new routine together for the team," Courtney said.

"Which we will definitely be there, next weekend." Charlie smiled, sitting next to Victoria.

"Apparently, Justin's throwing a party Sunday, I guess to celebrate no school on Monday," Liam said looking up from his phone. "You guys down?"

"Actually me and Ari—" Dalton started to say, but I cut him off.

"-We'll be there," I half-smiled, seeing my boyfriend turn to me curiously.

Honestly, I didn't want to stay in with Dalton and watch movies, it got boring when all he'd talk about was architecture. Sometimes even pausing the movie for it.

"Count me and Charlie in," Victoria smiled.

"Then it's settled, we'll see you guys there," Liam said, while he and Court got up to leave the cafeteria.  They usually skipped the period after lunch too, so they could get food.

The four of stayed at the table during the entirety of lunch, talking about the new things that were currently going on. Especially the fact that Jessica Adams literally fell down two flights of stairs during first period.