Chapter 46

Ariana's Pov (flashback)

"Miller asked about you earlier," Mac smiled, sitting next to me under the tree. It was my lunch period, right after a stressful day and it was like he always knew when I needed him. "He does all the time honestly, my family really loves you."

"Good, because mine loves you." I giggled, watching his eyes light up. "How did you know where to find me?"

"Because I know you. And I usually always see you on my way to music. You weren't there so I asked your friends and they told me about the whole Mrs. Swift accident."

"I hate her, she's a bitch." I exhaled, laying down in Mac's lap. He only listened as I went on a full-blown rant, sharing a few of his chips with me. "I'm sorry," I let out, realizing I was keeping him from his favorite class. "You should be with Kai right now, right? I'll just see you later."

"You're good baby. I'm not going anywhere, so talk as much as you want. Zayn and Kai are in the principals office anyway." He said, as his hands went through my hair.

I loved it when he did that, it always calmed me down, and he always paid attention to the little details. I think that's what made me fall so easily, I was able to be me with him and say whatever I wanted.

He made me feel like it was us against the world.

Always.

I sat up, turning to him. "What, why?"

"She heard about the Mrs. Swift thing to, so she gave her a piece of her mind. And Zayn... well he did like it anyway, so he gave her a piece of his mind too." Mac explained, "You should see Kehlani right now, she definitely has Kai on punishment."

I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "I love them."

"I know you do. They're my best friends."

"You're my best friend."

"I think about marrying you all the time, Ariana, how it'll be like, what our kids will look like, what we'll do... I'm excited for our future. You made me feel like I could actually do something with music, that I could actually be something. Just like I told my parents, I swear I'm gonna marry you one day... as soon as I can."

"Malcolm..."

"What? It's true. I know you want three babies, so we'll have them. Two girls and one boy, just so he can be the middle child and I can name him Malcolm." He laughed. "You know, Malcolm in the middle."

My heart warmed seeing him so happy, I laughed alongside him as he cracked more jokes about our future, just watching as he revealed he had it all planned out.

Well, everything except our wedding.

He wanted me to do that, he knew how much I dreamed of that day.

"Ari, can I ask you something?"

"Of course baby."

"Where do you'd think you'd be without me?"

"Hopeless," I said. "I'd be hopeless, everything I know is you and my life has circled around you, so to not have you just feels like I don't have anything."

"You'll never have to worry about that." He reassured, welcoming me back into his arms. "I'm kinda worried about this year, something feels off... seriously off. Maybe it's just anxiety, but Kehlani had the same feeling... I thought I was just crazy or something."

"Maybe it's because we're so close to finishing high school, we're gonna have to deal with a lot of change, so maybe you're just anxious." This time it was my turn to reassure. "Don't stress yourself, baby. Remember we have a double date next week? Shouldn't you be more focus on that anyway?" I said with a smirk.