Chapter 9 (NEW)

Kai Pov

I turned away from her kiss once I realized what she was doing. I didn't even know what to say, that was the first time I'd been kissed in almost a year. I felt like I had cheated on... well... my dead girlfriend. But it just happened so fast, I didn't like Ariana in that way. I never even imagined being with anybody else.

"I—"

I gulped, cutting the girl off, calmly. "It's fine, you don't have to say anything. I'm just gonna go, um, walk the grass, like normal sexy orphans do." I didn't even wait for her reaction but instead texted Zayn to meet up since he was a always good distraction.

Ariana's Pov

"I did something," I sighed, laying across my bed as Victoria eyed me weirdly.

"What did you do?" She asked, sitting next to me.

"Someone told Kai about the dare, so I told her about...you know, and I just kissed her! I didn't mean to do it, but she wouldn't believe me, so I said fuck it, and decided to show her,"

"You didn't feel anything though, right?"

"No."

"Then why are you freaking out?" "

"Because as far as I know, that was our her's first kiss since..." I trailed off, and she followed where I was going with it.

Victoria's face dropped, erasing her smile, "Oh damn, I'm sorry but at least she forgives you,"

"But doesn't trust me,"

"She will, it's gonna take time though," Victoria reassured, and I wasn't sure if I believed it.

"Was she always like this?"

"Like what?"

"So guarded,"

"Ariana, you guys were friends, wouldn't you know the answer?"

"We were close but we didn't speak about our feelings," I shrugged, almost forgetting how we used to be, only just a few months ago. Well, nearing a year now.

"She was guarded back then, just not as much as she is now. After losing so many people, you can only imagine who you'll lose next," Victoria explained. "She lost her other half, I'm surprised she even manages to come to school every day with people still talking about the incident,"

"Wow," I mumbled.

"You changed too, Ari," Victoria said. "You were so happy before, but after the incident, we noticed you used to lie about your feelings, but we didn't think talking about it more would help so we stayed quiet. But why didn't you both ever tell the story?"

She was right, that night when the police arrived, and so did all of our parents, everyone wanted a story. But when neither of us budged, from being in shock and so confused, the police eventually found evidence proving it was just a mistake and that they wouldn't need the story since it wasn't a murder, unless the victim's parents requested it. But they didn't, so we remained the only two people who knew exactly what happened.

"I don't fucking know, maybe because we're traumatized?" I said, a bit too harsh, "Sorry," I mumbled.

"It's fine. I should've known." Victoria looked at her phone for a quick second before doing a double take and handing it to me.

@ThePage posted: Wow. It seems like Ariana Grande is a bitch after all. Your own cheer captain used someone else for her own pleasure. And since, it wasn't just her, I'm exposing you all ;).

Ariana Grande is bisexual. Victoria McCants had a pregnancy scare with Charlie Puth. Courtney Chipolone told Kai Grey about the dare.

And just for the fun of it:

Zayn Malik doesn't know if he actually loves Gigi. Kai, I'm saving you for later. Oh, and let's not forget, Dalton Gomez and Shawn Mendes, when were you gonna tell your friends about your little fuck buddy thing going on?

Kai's Pov

"Dude, why the hell is your phone blowing up?" Zayn said, passing it to me, as it kept interrupting him.

"I dunno, I don't even text anyone," I explained, turning it on to check my phone. It was just a couple hundred texts from Ariana, but I ignored them.

"So?"

"It was just Ariana,"

"Did she see a spider in the bathroom or something?" He chuckled.

"Ha ha." I laugh sarcastically, "I have to go anyways, my room is so fucking messy."

"I should probably clean mine too before Mum comes home." He shrugged, knowing he probably wasn't. "See ya mate."

"Yup," I said, leaving. When I made it outside and began my walk, yes, walk because I didn't want to drive, I heard some loud ass car coming from behind me. I turned around, stopping my walk to see Dalton getting out of the car and heading my way. A smirk appeared on my face when we were less than a foot apart.

"How did you know about Shawn?" He spat.

"I know everything, but this time, I actually don't know what you're talking about."

"You do, whore! You made that fucking page and wanted to ruin our lives!" He snapped, honestly making me want to laugh.

I shook my head with a light chuckle, "I don't give enough fucks about you people to even care about who has classes with me. Why would I care about controlling some shitty, problematic page?" I laughed.

Dalton didn't take that very well, punching my cheek and holding me up against a tree. "Wow, you actually grew some balls. I would beat your ass right now, but you at least deserve the chance to look almost half better than I do, even with this bruise you've created."

"You dumb bitch!" He kicked my stomach, about to go for another punch, when I grabbed his hand, twisting it and kicking him to the ground. I returned the punch before continuing my walk. When I got back to the Grande's, it was like some type of tradition, whenever I came back home, everyone sat quietly in the living room, holding the same expression.

"You guys didn't think I went missing again did you?" I said with a light chuckle.

"So that means you haven't been on your phone..." Frankie trailed off sadly.

"Why what happened?" I frowned.

I studied Ariana's face, who was barely able to keep her composure in front of me, and I was honestly confused.

"Apparently some social media account named the page, released a lot of information about some of your friends and other kids attending your high school. But I have to tell you something, it's classified information about well, the incident, that I think now would be the best time to tell you before it gets leaked..." Joan explained. "Kai, did you know that Ke— she had a Doctor's appointment the next morning to be impregnated by your child?"

I let out a nervous laugh, unsure of how to react to the information. "You're kidding, right?"

"I—I tried texting you earlier but you didn't answer," Ariana said.

"K— she wasn't like that. Why would she want to be seventeen and pregnant...this is some kind of joke,"

"It's not," Ariana gulped, starting to stand up. "I...I went with her... for the same thing,"

a/n: short chapter today.

i was actually planning on revealing the identity of k and ariana's bf (which is obvious) but i decided to hold it off. and i wad gonna give the backstory on how they ended up dead.

idek which book i should update next😭 which is your favorite?

any guesses as to how?

speaking of guesses, i wonder who runs the page😳