CHAPTER 1: LIFE OF THE RICH: IMPERFECT

*We are of different identities, qualities, purpose, stories but we are rich in common*

ELSA ELIZABETH QUEENS (Perspective)

We moved to New York after five years, owned several companies all over the world, but my mom, Charlotte Bill Queens, died when I was 12. After her death, my dad lived by the saying that when you love someone, you fight for them. This is the story of my father's new wife. I am now 20 and the next CEO of the XINT group of companies.

"Elsa, your mom and I registered you at a new college. You can ask Javier for more information about the school," my dad told me.

"Thanks, dad. Thanks, mom," I replied.

Anna, my dad's new wife, whispered to him, "She called me mom."

"Dad, can we talk about this over dinner?" I asked, trying to avoid speaking to Anna.

"Yeah, okay, that will be great," she replied.

"Anna, can you give Elsa and me some time to talk?" my dad asked.

"Okay, no problem," Anna replied.

"Elsa," my dad called my name.

"Yes, father," I answered.

"Please, could you please do me a favor and get to know her first?" he pleaded.

"Dad, how do you expect me to do that? I'm really struggling to take all of this in. Mom's death, my brother moving, your accident, and a new mom? This is too much," I panicked.

"And Dad, I want to avoid betraying you, my family, and the XINT group of companies. You've affected everyone's life, and for me to pull it down, the weight is just too much for me to bear alone. I've been in pain for a very long time," I added.

"Baby, I understand. I will take care of that. All I want you to do is focus on your studies. Anna and I will not push you into what will be too much for you to handle," my dad said empathetically.

"I want you to take the week off before you resume school, so you can rest and eat well. You won't join the company until you're ready," he further affirmed.

"So you don't have a problem, and this summer, the whole family will be coming. Kara is moving here this week!" my dad said, with an awkward and suspecting look.

"I'm so excited, Daddy! Thanks a lot. You're the best!" I gave him a big kiss on the cheek. He takes good care of me and sometimes doesn't make me feel like Mom is dead.

After two days of seeing a psychologist, I felt better, but talking to Dad about starting to run the company and going to college was getting harder. I barely saw him, and when I did, we didn't get time to talk. Seeing Kara, my niece, and nephew was one of the best things in the world for me. They were so cute, and they always made me forget about my pain. I felt like I could face anything thrown at me.

Kara moving here with me might help. I wasn't even sure about it. Now, I just had to talk to Dad, or I could talk to Mom. She would be so happy to help. If she helps me, we could go out today to do a mother and daughter day. You can't judge Anna by Dad's accident, right?

"Aunt Elsa!" I heard the cutest voice running to me.

"Aww, my babies. How are you doing, Gabby, Ella?" I asked.

"We are fine," they replied joyously. I couldn't resist giving them a hug.

"Are you ready to stay here?" I asked them.