CHAPTER 3: AGENT X/ BUSTED: CONFIRMED

CHAPTER 3: AGENT X/BUSTED: CONFIRMED

September 11th, 2018, Tuesday

As she walked into her childhood home, everyone she passed bowed to her. She made her way to the sitting room where Matthew told her that her father was busy. She walked towards his office with Matthew following behind her. She gave the door a knock and barged in without waiting for an invitation.

"You didn't say come in," her father protested.

"As a matter of fact, you said you were busy. Matthew, you can leave," he ordered.

Ignoring his attempt to control the situation, they both knew it didn't work on her.

"Good afternoon, Papa," she greeted him with a fake smile that barely concealed her anger. Her mom walked in and was surprised to see her. She kissed her cheek and said, "Good afternoon, Els."

To all those who say that girls are their dad's pets, it's not true for everyone.

"Why are you here, Grace?" Her mom asked. She always tried to understand her, but her dad was quick to judge. She loved him, but he could be too controlling for her liking. He was one of the reasons why she left.
"Gracie, why don't you take a seat? I'll get you some tea," her mom offered.

"There's no need for that. I'll be leaving soon," she replied.

"Like you did before? Isn't that right, Veronica?" Her dad used her full name, which hurt her.

"Yeah, Mom, don't worry. I came here because of Rex," she said.

"You want to take him too?" her dad asked in a mocking tone.

"Zane, quel est le sens de ça?" her mom asked in French. "What's the meaning of that?"Her mom was French, and her dad learned the language because of her. That's how she ended up speaking two languages fluently.

"I don't like how you're treating Rex. He's not a kid anymore and needs to make his own decisions," she said.

"He doesn't need..." her dad interrupted her.

"He doesn't need what, Veronica? What? At least he listens to me. He didn't leave us," her dad retorted.

"So you're blaming me now for trying to help my brother? We all know I left the house for him to stop being dependent on me. But this is what I get as a thank you? Help? Help my foot!" she said defensively.

"We all know you did it for your own selfish reasons because you're too shy to stand in front of a crowd. And don't forget, Rex loves what I'm doing," her dad said.

"Seriously?" she raised an eyebrow.

"It's funny how that's exactly what you told me on my wedding day," her mom said.

"Why don't we go into details? You married me off to Cristiano, and you told Mom exactly the same thing, that I loved what you were doing," she said.

"I can't believe I trusted you as my father. You gave me away, and I regret every single day of my life. Don't even get me started on the scars I got from that marriage," she said, her voice breaking.

"Now you want to do the same to Rex? I won't allow you, Mr. President. I won't!" she shouted.

"Do not raise your voice at me, young lady. I'm still your father," her dad said authoritatively.

"And who says you have a say in this? Rex is getting married, and if he doesn't find a girl in the next few weeks, he'll do what I ask him to. And there's nothing you can do about it because it's final," her dad said.

She smiled and replied, "What if I take Rex with me and you never see us again?" Now it was her dad's turn to laugh. "You know that would be stupid of you to do," he said. She beat him to it, saying, "Professor Charles Queens will be so happy to help us. Two can play this game, father." Her dad became speechless. "Calm down, Alphas. Nobody is going to run away, right Gracie?" She smiled and said, "Yes, els." Then she sat and crossed her legs. "Zane, I know you want to do what's best for Rex, but you are controlling his life and not letting him live it, please?" "Amor, can't you see what is happening? If Rex doesn't get a better half, I won't be able to hand over to my heir, and my princess refuses to fall for any other guy since I made the biggest mistake by forcing her into marriage."