CHAPTER 15: LOST AND BROKEN

|When you need  them the most, they disappear|

Elsa emerged from the Queen's house, the weight of betrayal heavy on her heart. A one-way ticket to an unknown destination clutched in her hand, she questioned her impulsive decision. "What have I done?" she thought, a pang of longing tugging at her resolve. Should she turn back, beg for forgiveness, swallow her pride? Perhaps her father would welcome her home.

"Why would you want to return now?" a voice startled her. It was Bobby, his expression tinged with worry.

"Elsa," he continued, his voice tight, "you need to disappear. Don't contact anyone, not even me." His words cut deep, the lack of empathy fueling her emotional turmoil.

"I'm sorry, Els," he mumbled, the apology failing to soothe the sting of rejection. Elsa climbed into the Camry Charles had gifted her, a hollow laugh escaping her lips. Could she truly be his daughter? Tears welled up again, blurring her vision.

"Even Alena doubted me," she whispered, wiping tears with her left hand. "There's nothing left for me here."

An hour later, she stood at the airport, abandoning the car with the keys and phone inside, knowing Charles would retrieve it later. Pulling her hoodie tight and hiding her face behind a mask, she approached the check-in counter.

"Miss Queens?" The attendant's surprised gasp pierced the air.

"Please," Elsa mumbled, her voice barely a whisper.

"Of course," the attendant said, gesturing to an air hostess nearby. "She'll guide you to your seat."

As the air hostess approached, Elsa choked back a sob. "If only you knew who I truly am," she whispered, tears trailing down her cheeks. "A child abandoned, discarded like trash."

Her voice cracked. "Thank you," she managed, the words heavy with despair.

"Are you alright?" the air hostess asked, concern etched on her face.

"I'm fine," Elsa lied, the word bitter on her tongue. She felt adrift, utterly lost in a sea of pain and exhaustion. Each step towards her seat felt like an eternity.

"This is your seat, ma'am," the air hostess announced. Elsa stumbled forward, unseeing, and would have collided with the floor had someone not caught her.

"Are you okay?" the air hostess repeated, alarm in her voice.

Confused, Elsa looked up, tears blurring her vision. "Y-yes," she stammered, then broke down sobbing.

A familiar voice pierced through her haze. "Elsa?"

She turned to see Jason, his face filled with concern. "I… I'm so sorry," she cried, her voice thick with grief.

"Don't worry," Jason soothed, his voice gentle. "Go ahead, I'll take care of her."

With that, he lifted her gently and carried her to her seat.

"I'm so…" she began, but Jason interrupted her.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Elsa," he said softly. "It was a mistake."

"But I am a mistake," she cried, her voice raw with despair.

Jason sat beside her, placing a hand on her arm. "Elsa," he began, his gaze filled with compassion, "you are not…"

He was cut off by her ragged breaths. Her face contorted in pain, and she gasped, "I… can't…"

Panic surged through Jason. "Trina!" he shouted, calling for the air hostess. "Get honey, quick!" He reached into his bag and pulled out a towel, pressing it against her face.