CHAPTER 9: NIGHT MISSION

October 13th 2018, Saturday

Elsa woke up breathing hard, disturbed by an unsettling dream. Zoe, her roommate, annoyingly commented on her appearance. "Well, princess, we have two days left for the party, and we haven't gotten our saris yet."

"Princess Aditya will get those for us. All you have to do is sit and..." Elsa's phone beeped with a text from Rex, requesting a meeting in her mini-library. Puzzled, she agreed.

In the library, Rex shared an absurd idea with Elsa. "They are going to force us into marriage anyway," he claimed. Elsa, frustrated, couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Are you crazy? Why am I standing here listening to all this?" She walked out, but Rex forcefully pulled her back, slamming the door.

"Rex, be reasonable," Elsa pleaded as her body was pressed against the door. Rex, looking at her dangerously, made a bizarre proposal. "If I get you pregnant, will you marry me then?"

Elsa, shocked, pushed him away. Rex laughed it off as a joke but expressed seriousness about the marriage. Elsa, raising an eyebrow, questioned his sincerity. "And you expect me to believe that because?"

Rex spoke, his tone tinged with jealousy, "I actually don't expect you to, but I really like you. But except from that, I overheard Dad telling your Dad he is going to arrange my engagement to Kimberly, and you are getting married to Mr. King."

Elsa, playfully, mentioned Jason with a laugh, saying, "Well, he is cute."

Rex, seeming disturbed or perhaps jealous, questioned, "Really? Have you even met him?" Elsa, maintaining a light tone, replied, "Yes, I have. He is the perfect gentleman, got the looks, and besides, he's friendly, smart, and loves God. What is not there to love?"

Rex, scrunching his face, asked, "So you love him?" Elsa stifled another laughter, smirking, "Like I said, what is there not to love?"

Rex, not fully convinced, moved closer, prompting Elsa to question, "So you want me to get married to you, so that I won't have to get married to Jason, or you want to use me as an escape not to marry Kimberly?" She raised an eyebrow.

Rex, with annoyance in his tone, stated, "Fine, then get married to Jason," hand quoting, "Can you move away from the door?"

Elsa, softening a bit, placed her hand on Rex's, knowing that prolonging this interaction added complexity to her love story. She agreed, "Okay, I will do it, but I am not getting married to you... So what do I have to do?"

Rex insisted, "Yes."

Elsa, puzzled, questioned, "Huh?"

Rex clarified, "You just have to say yes." Elsa, somewhat reluctantly, complied, "Okay," moving aside and pondering her decision, "Elsa, what are you doing? I hope I don't regret this."

As Rex opened the door, he stopped, turned back, and looked at Elsa, expressing, "I may not be the perfect guy, but I will try my best to love you no matter what happens." He walked to her, placing a kiss on her forehead, leaving Elsa in shock.

Elsa, questioning herself, sat on the chair, thinking, "What just happened? I like Rex, but what if Jason is actually my perfect match? I don't have feelings for him, but could I learn to love him? What am I saying? What am I doing? Elsa! Who are you? After all that has happened for the past years, I am Elsa, a survivor! God, please help me." Tears began to drop.

Zoe interrupted urgently, "Elsa! We have to make preparations now. Come out!" Zoe banged on the door.

 Elsa shouted "I am  coming!!!" she wiped her tears, she looked into the mirror to be sure she didn't look like she had been crying.

Zoe banged on Elsa's door, when Elsa opened it and she saw Zoe, she wiped them away and plastered on a smile.

"Hey," Zoe said, trying to smile back. "You good baby girl?"

"Yeah," Elsa replied, but her voice trembled. Then, out of nowhere, she screamed, "Don't touch me!" and threw her arms around herself, sobbing again.

Zoe, startled, stepped back. "Elsa, what's wrong? Did I do something?"

"Zoe?" Elsa asked, her voice thick with confusion. "Why were you hitting the door like that?"

Zoe's eyebrow shot up. Wasn't Elsa the one crying moments ago? And pushing Zoe away? What was going on?

"And why do you look like you saw a ghost?" Elsa continued, her gaze searching Zoe's face.

Zoe felt a chill creep down her spine. Was she hallucinating? Having a vision?

"Elsa?!" Zoe cried, reaching out again. But Elsa recoiled, whimpering, "Don't touch me! My father won't spare you!" She backed away, her eyes wide with fear.