CHAPTER 11: NIGHT MISSION III

"Hear, hear!" Rex chimed in, adding his voice to the unexpected revelation.

Rosella, unfazed by the surprise, sauntered towards the holographic table, her head held high. In a playful French lilt, she declared, "Elsa looks like moi, bébé girl. Don't confuse your pretty head with such trivialities."

Zoe bristled at the arrogance veiled behind Rosella's charming smile. "What arrogance," she muttered under her breath, her voice barely a whisper.

But Rosella, with her uncanny ability to hear whispers like prayers, turned her head, a playful glint in her eyes. "Did someone say something?" she teased, tilting her head towards Zoe.

Rex, ever the charmer, chuckled. "Aw, you're too cute, Zoe."

Rosella, accustomed to such praise, merely winked at him, sending both Zoe and Veronica's eyebrows skyward. Professor Jovanny, clearly exasperated by the flirtatious undercurrent, intervened. "Are we done with the pleasantries now?" he asked dryly.

Professor C, a woman with a no-nonsense aura, took charge. "To summarize," she explained, "we have two days until the party. Elsa, unfortunately, is bedridden, so Rosella will step in her place." Zoe wanted to protest, but her tongue felt strangely heavy in her mouth.

"Everyone, and I mean everyone, is invited. It's time we show the world who we truly are, not the pawns the media paints us to be," Professor C continued, her gaze sweeping across the room. "Of course, security will be tight, but we need to stand together, as a family."

A wave of surprise ripple through the room. It was a bold, risky move, and Zoe couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Professor C. "Even if it puts the entire Queens clan at risk?" she questioned, her voice laced with concern.

Rosella, ever the flamboyant one, intervened. "Oh, please, Zoe," she huffed, her Parisian accent thickening. "Do you have a better idea?"

Zoe sighed, throwing her hands up in surrender. "Fine, fine," she relented. "I'm just exploring all options to minimize risks, especially for the pregnant women and children."

"I appreciate your concerns, Zoe," Professor C assured her. "But we're stronger together. Now, as for the teams: the first group will head to Jason King's house. He's the heir to The King Group of Companies, and arguably the most reasonable of the bunch."

Zoe chuckled, unable to stifle the amusement at the irony of that statement.

Jay, his eyes sparkling with affection, whispered, "I love her."

Mr. Browns, a stern figure even amongst this unconventional family, shot Jay a pointed look, making him squirm in his seat. Zoe burst into laughter, the tension momentarily dissipating.

"Can we get back to the plan, please?" Rosella interjected, her voice laced with impatience.

Zoe wiped a tear from her eye, bowing playfully. "Pardon my manners, your majesty. Please, do continue with your strategic brilliance."

A nervous silence descended on the room as everyone turned towards Elsa, her frail figure and pale complexion a stark contrast to the tense energy filling the air. The drip from her IV chimed like a lonely metronome, underscoring the gravity of her presence.

Bobby, his voice heavy with concern, spoke first. "Elsa, why are you here?" His question echoed the collective worry resonating in the room.

Huan, known for his calm demeanor, surprised everyone with a rare outburst. "Seriously, Elsa? What are you doing? Have you lost your mind?" He rushed to her side, his voice cracking with a mix of anger and worry. His actions spoke volumes about the depth of his love for his sister.