CHAPTER 6: WELCOME TO MY HOME

"Zoe, look at me," Zebulun laughed.

"Zeb, if you fall down, Mom is going to kill you," Zoe shouted back. He laughed, sticking out his tongue.

"Zeb, be careful," she shouted.

"You can't catch me," he laughed.

"Please."

"You can't see me," he ran faster.

"Zeb! Zeb!!!!!"

She sat up, shouting, probably the worst idea she could come up with because of the pain shooting through her body.

"Zoe, calm down. It was just a dream."

Her vision wasn't clear enough to see who it was or where she was, but she wanted to see her brother, confront her dad, and ask him why.

"Zoe?"

"Who are you? Where am I?"

The person touched her, making her flinch.

"Who are you? Wait! Why can't I see?"

She touched her eyes, much better. She tried refocusing it on where she thought she heard the voice from, but it was blurry.

"I can't see anything!!!!"

She panicked, stood up, feeling the pain worsen. She fell to the floor, then she noticed it was like she was in a hospital, from the IV she dragged and the beeping of the machine. She felt so weak, and the headache hadn't stopped.

"Zoe, calm down. Let me lift you up."

"No! Who are you?"

Every word that came from her mouth brought pain to her body. She heard the machine beeping louder.

"Zoe, please calm down. I am Jayce Xavier Queens. I am here to take care of you until your dad and my uncle come. Please, can I lift you up now?"

Oh, she nodded her head, bringing tears to her eyes. She had never felt this useless in her life.

"Zoe!!!!"

Her name echoed in her head before her eyelids closed.

*****************************************

Elsa walked to her locker, retrieved the book for the class they were having. As she strolled, she noticed people looking at her as if she had something on her face. Hastening her steps to the class, all attention shifted to her.

"She is the one," a white-haired geek said. People stood up, walking in her direction, some smiling, others appearing angry.

"Javier, any hint on what is happening?" she asked.

"Your identity has been revealed," he replied. Panic set in, and she rushed out of the door, running to Professor Silvester's office.

"Javier, couldn't you have hinted me since? Javier? Javier?"

"System being hacked," he responded.

"Oh Lord." She took her phone from her pocket, dialing her father's number.

"Please pick up."

Unable to go to her car, she was sure it would have been destroyed by now.

"Elsa, are you okay?" her father asked.

"Yes, please could you send me a car to pick me up?"

"I can't, Elsa. You have to take the train. Will you be fine?"

"I will." She started her walk. "Dad, are you already solving the issue of Javier?"

"Yes."

"How is the president and his family?"