Chapter One: Scared And Fascinated

Who would have imagined that Lana Winters could have actually ended up working as the secretary of the powerful Fiona Goode?

§

It was during an usual morning of a winter day, when Lana was getting ready to go to work, whose boss was Fiona, the most fearful woman ever; even though Lana was scared but, at the same time, fascinated by her and her attitude. Deep inside of her, Lana actually admired and liked her.

She quickly took on her coat and left her house to drive to the building where she worked in. She quickly got into the building as she was late of just a few minutes, and ran to her office, hoping Fiona wouldn't notice her.

As she was about to finally get into her office, a voice behind her called her name and stopped her.

"Lana Winters", Lana turned around to face Fiona, who was standing there, watching her suspiciously, wearing black high heels and a short white and black dress; smoking a cigarette.

"Yes?", Lana asked, kinda shyly and innocently, feeling nervous about the fact she was late and fearing Fiona would have said something about it.

"Bring me a cup of hot tea", she ordered the other woman, before coming back to her office.

Lana stayed there for a moment, watching her going away, and felt relieved she didn't say anything about it. Then she immediately took off her coat and went to prepare the tea for Fiona, which was ready after a few minutes.

§

Lana knocked at her office before coming in "Here's your tea, Miss Goode", she smiled and crossed the room, then put her tea on her desk.

"Thank you, Lana", she put away the cigarette she was smoking until then to drink her tea, then kept on watching Lana more than usual.

Lana felt uncomfortable for a moment, so she asked "Is something wrong?"

"No.. Maybe the other way around", she mysteriously said and winked at her.

Everytime Fiona said something like that, Lana never understood if she just liked joking or if she was actually trying to flirt with her.

Lana could just slightly smile and wish her a good day before leaving the room. Fiona didn't say anything back at her, but continued to watch her until she was out of her office.

§

The week later went by as usual, Lana just continued to work and be home most of the time, as she didn't have many friends, and the few friends she had, were living in different cities. Also, she preferred to stay home when it was very cold outside, no one would have minded anyways.

Fiona was a totally different person, she went out almost every evening to have fun or just to drink something somewhere. She hated to stay home in the evening doing nothing, she actually loved being busy. Obviously, they were completely opposite people, still there was one element that united them; they were both single.

§

Two days later, Fiona got an award for an important business presentation and, as Fiona was a very eccentric person, she decided to organise a party to celebrate this event. Everyone that worked with her was invited, of course Lana too; even though she didn't really like this kind of things, but she went anyways since she knew how much Fiona cared about this.

§

Lana met Fiona's look, who was holding a drink in her hand, as she entered the big elegant place she organised the party in. Fiona gave her a short sensual smile and Lana looked away after a moment and started to look around, hoping Fiona wouldn't have gotten to her.

But actually there she was, crossing the whole room full of people dancing at the loud music, to get to Lana.

>