Chapter Twenty-Three: Don't Make The Biggest Mistake Of Your Life

The following days, the two companies kept on working together, and it was really hard for both Fiona and Lana to put away their thoughts about them and their past.

"So, we have this document for you, Miss Winters", a guy said.

"Sure, I'll give it a look", she took it and started to check if everything was in order.

She sat down on a chair and started reading the document, Fiona was watching her. She walked by next to her and gave her a small sheet of paper with a writing on it. She looked at Fiona, who winked at her and left the room.

She took that sheet of paper and read it.

Meet me in the bathroom, you know what I'm talking about.

Remember that day? Yeah, you do.

I'm already there, waiting for you

Lana hesitated for a moment, but then decided to meet her.

§

It took her a a few minutes to find the bathroom, there she saw Fiona, standing in front of a door.

"Hey", she smiled at Lana as she saw her.

"Hey Fiona", she returned the smile and got closer to her.

"Lana..", she placed a hand on Lana's cheek.

"Yes?", she closed her eyes for a moment.

"I love you"

Lana felt like her heart was about to explode, to come out of her chest.

"Fiona, you know I'm getting married in just one week, right?"

"I know.. but you can't marry that girl. She's so insignificant and I know you still love me"

"Love you or not, that doesn't change the way you hurt me back then. You left me to follow your career, even when knowing I was still going through a bad time because of that night... you just went away because you thought work was more important than me. That was so hurtful Fiona.. you can't imag-", Fiona interrupted her.

"I can imagine Lana! I went through the same without you! I regret every day away from you! I regret my choice back then, I was fucking selfish and stupid, but I never stopped to think about you or to love you!"

"But you didn't come back!"

"I didn't want to hurt you more than I had already done! I thought you'd be happier without me, but that is not true! We're meant to be together, no matter what! I'm sorry for how I acted back then, I'm so sorry Lana, I always loved you!"

"I'd have came back together with you if you had gotten back here!", she shouted crying.

"And now? Are you telling me that you will really marry her?"

"Of course I will. I love you Fiona, but I don't want to give you another chance to just hurt me again!"

"I won't, this time I won't. I realized my mistake back then, how I was wrong, and I realized nothing and no one is more important than you in my life!", she looked at her.

"I'm sorry Fiona, but I won't risk this again. I really went through a bad time when you left! And just Wendy was there and helped me!"

"Oh, so now you want to marry her just because she comforted you during a bad time?!"

"No, but-"

"You don't love her, do you?"

Lana sighed and looked away. She wasn't sure, she liked her.

"She's a good girl, I like her"

"You see, you don't love her!"

"This is not your business Fiona!", she shouted at her.

"Don't make the biggest mistake of your life, you can't marry her!", she shouted as well.

Lana sighed and went away, not wanting to hear more of her (probably right) words. No matter what, Fiona hurt her so much and she couldn't risk that again; knowing how much she suffered because of her.

>