10.1 Romantic Interlude

Narrator: Annie

- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. - All of a sudden, he hugged me and held me tight, repeating those phrases over and over again. In a matter of seconds, I my whole stay-strong personality crumbled, and tears were running down my face, not because I missed them (I didn't even remembered their faces) , but because they could be suffering, and I could save them, yet I hadn't.

- I've let them down.

- Don't say that. You haven't, and you wouldn't ever do it, as I wouldn't either. - replied Mat with his intense gaze.

- Yes I have, and I could, but I don't want to see it. It's my fault. - He then kissed me. Yes, as simply as it sounds, he kissed me. And yes, I returned it to him. It wasn't such a big thing, just a couple of seconds. I know Jan wouldn't like that, but being in love with the guy who turned out to be the answer to all my questions, and the reason I was still alive, in the middle of a crazy alien invasion, was the only heaven I'd know if my life ended today.

- We'll save them. We'll live. I won't let you feel guilty the rest of your life. I'll find a way. I promise you. - He added, I felt those were the most sincere words I had ever heard. - What about us looking for more resistance against the Outsiders here on Earth to end their bull?

- Yes. We'll definitely do so.

Afterward, Amy, Cain, and severely injured Reba, came into the small reception in the middle of Mat's proposal to find my parents, which I tried to ignore, until Cain interrupted:

 - I know the strongest resistance down here.