Them outsiders, us survivors

They weren't looking forward to conquer Earth or humanity. Everything had changed since the day of "the call". On April 9th, 2133, at 17:30, a strounding sound that left every human on Earth deaf for 3 days sounded... and it was "the call", after it, every kind of communication stopped working, and after the 3rd day thousands or even millions of tall, gray, semi robotic creatures came down - called by us outsiders - and assigned each human on Earth a schedule he/she must follow for the rest of his/her life through a neckleace with a metallic card pendant that had a diamong on the middle that when heated projected the data.

They had been watching humans. They knew more about them than themselves.

Everything changed since that day: conspirative plans created and conspirators disappeared, food ammount delivered according to the level of capabilities outsiders had assigned through the neckleaces, people who had lost their neckleace didn't receive any resources and eventually died, proving human values had gone to oblivion... Since that day on, only the ones with either physical or intellectual extraordinary abilities that were assigned to the outsider's experimentation project were assured to survive.

Annie and Amy complemented each other so well they were exactly what the intruders were looking for due to their abilities. As any other inhabitant of Earth didn't sign up for all of this havoc, but because of their clearly inborn talents they know it's their duty to do something against the deadly Outsiders.