15. Royal mights

[Narrator: author]

After a long chat, everyone left, except for Vern and Amy.

- What do you think will happen after all of this? - finally said Vern to Amy, who was crumble up on her seat staring in silence at the sky?

- Was there even a before without them? - replied Amy referring to the Outsiders, who apparently had made a mess with her life since her early childhood. Vern, who hadn't even realized that unlike him, who was 10 years old when the Outsiders took Austeria, these were authentically children of the war, so he just answered:

- Things aren't supposed to be this way.

- Well, it's the only way I know. - answered Amy somehow frustrated after discovering that the Outsiders had authentically taken up most of her life.

- I think that after all of this, everything will go back to normal: humans with their usual things, you both and Mat with your royal duties, Joyce to reclaim her throne in Austeria, and me, just being there. - said Vern after a long pause, and it was then when Amy realized where was this going, Vern just wanted to have power, and wasn't there merely because he wanted revenge, but because he was a might who dreamed of power.

- Who told you Annie and I have royal duties? Or that we want to have them. Our houses have failed us; they just sent us nowhere, to let us die in the hands of the Outsiders, except for Mat, whose real mother is Jan. The only ones who have dared to help us are Zed and Ava that have their peaceful and almost perfect lives on Jupiter's satellite, while Mat, Annie, and me where sent to this shithole along with Jan, just to die. - replied Amy trying to hold the tears of pain, while Vern simply stared at her in silence, thinking how could he made his way into the crown.

Tears started to fall, and chaos came along. Vern hugged Amy, expecting to somehow make his way into the royal party he would be traveling with for the next months. Through the tears and over Vern's shoulder Amy could see on the hallway a silhouette with crazy brown hair and gray skin, with something colorful on one hand walking to her, coming to a sudden stop, and dropping the colorful things.

It was then when Amy realized the hug was lasting more than it should. Vern was simply trying to make Amy fall into him. Amy quickly teleported out and tried to talk to Cain.

- Cain! - she said still in tears.

- Yes, your highness? - he said turning around just a few steps away from a bouquet of flowers - I'm sorry, I didn't want to interrupt you, a humble humanoid like me shouldn't interrupt a royal might like you, excuse me. - Cain replied as he disappeared through the doorway of the metallic white staircase.

There were several royal families of mights in Macrocosm -that sent their descendants to different planets after the Outsiders threat came across their reigns- , ruling its different kingdoms, the largest of which were ruled by the The Wards and The Veils.