1. The One Page Wonder

She didn't know nothing as the rest of the people she knew where in the continuous cells. That had been merely the problem since she had entered to an institute where she was docified daily with the serum that erased memory, to which she was now immune to.

Since Earth hadn't been taken, but the whole humanity had been either deceived or forced to act that way, children from 6 to 18 years old were required to either attend these special institutions in which their brain activity was experimented on, otherwise they were banished from Earth along with any evidence of their existence. As in every institute before "the call" they were divided in what had been then called by the outsiders as arrondisement -units of tfour or six institutes- , Annie's happened to be under the control of her mother's best friend, who was determined to create immunity to the Outsider's serums so that she could have proofs of what Outsiders did to humans leater on before the intergalactic court -which everyone had heard of, but nobody truly believed it existed-.

Annie and her twin sister Amy, had become the target of Outsider's experiments, and one of the highest hopes' of humanity ever since their telepathic communication was proved... And so there she was, sitting in a cold cell, with only her jeans, a white old loose t-shirt, and a dog tag around her neck that instead of saying Annie Clark, said M-2427, reminding her that she no longer existed as a human resident of Earth, but as an outsider's experiment. Annie spent her days longing to stablish communication with Amy again. There were days in which she found herself so convinced of been talking to her sister that she knew she was no longer sane.

Her routine consisted of spending what she thought to be 48 hours in that gray semi-lighted cell after receiving about 10 injections along her vertebrate column. She remembered everything. She hated each one of them. She was determined to get out of there and kill them all. She knew she could, if she could just find her sister.

Everything changed on what she calculated to be January 5th, 2135. She woke up to find her cell's door slightly open... She knew exactly what that meant: either her results or her sister's weren't as expected so they were both been executed. She felt glad she was seeing her sister after two years of total isolation, although she didn't expected it to be and somewhat felt sad for it, she felt relieved to know everything would end, and the outsiders plans didn't work.

Annie calmed down and opened the door. She couldn't believe it, there was nothing but her sister's neon bracelet on the floor in the edge of the wall in front of her. She looked both sides of the corridor, quickly took it and went back inside, hoping it wasn't a trap.

After all this time of hatred and suffering, she had just got 3 things to be thankful for: the color-blind sight of the outsiders, her sister's bracelet, and the open cell.

Just as she touched the bracelet she could connect telepathically with her sister again.

"Amy, I love you, please listen to me, give me a signal if this is you, please. I'm so damned and alone." Screamed Annie in her mind

"Annie, it's me, remember the identical pink dress we had when we were little that suddenly disappeared, well I had messed up mine, so it was me who put them in the attic." Replied Amy trying to make her stop wasting valuable time.

"That ain't enough proof." Responded Annie

"When we were 10 years old, you laughed at me for a week because according to Lila, I was going to have 10 kids..." as she received no answer she spoke up the words that scared the hell out of anyone who knew about the Veils "Our original names were Amelie and Annette Veil." Expressed Amy acting as if the sole mention of their real names hadn't made the whole world crash.

"Yeah, I remember that time..." replied Annie evading last statement.

"Ok, so we haven't got much time, I opened your cell, and I'm traveling through the ventilation, I'm exactly over the hallway outside yourself, you can climb it through the structures a couple cells next to you." answered Amy tring to hurry up her sister

"How do you even know where are we?"

"They tried to make me one of them... Gave me 48 hours to think about it... it's a definitely no, but as they know it, they'll kill me, or you, or both.... Where are you?" replied Amy in a calm tone.

"Climbing" responded Annie as she was struggling to get up the tall column, since her body wasn't able to respond to her commands after all the treatments she had received and the pain was killing her.

When she got up the ventilation duct she found her sister, who pushed her through the system of channels until they got to the only safe not-transparent duct that took them back to Earth, the Earth after the Outsiders, not the one they had always known.

Once in there, they used the underground tunnels of the opposition conspiracies to get to their arrondisement, under which was the huge storage area where Jan, their mother's best friend and headmistress experimented on the serums to save the most people she could from the Outsiders by making them pass their tests made every three months.