9. Invisibility plot

They had planned this for a long time practicing on over-humanoid environments.

They're no longer the same.

They were on their way to Earth, the three barely human musketeers: Mat, Annie and Amy. In this awesome high-tech vehicle Zed had prepared for this mission. He couldn't come; he was recruiting the best mights in all the Milky Way Galaxy.

Mat was driving the spaceship, just as when they left Earth. The three teens had developed many advantages over the Outsiders, since they didn't have feelings -and therefore conducted themselves as independent beings, and not as a group- , also the survivors were mights [beings born with one of the seven basic abilities characteristics of them, or several, which are unrelated to any specific race and therefore had become the main goal of the Outsiders; in this case the three beings were born with telepathy and from there were able to develop one or two more abilities becoming initiated average mights] Annie was able to become invisible and to use telekinesis, and Amy to teleport.

Mat, who could now levitate some centimeters or even kilometers above the surface, had used the same system as when they fled Earth to enter without being really noticed. They had landed in the underground platform of the subterranean resistance headquarters.

The three humanoids got off the ship, and decided they'd head to Reba's office... But something didn't seem right: there were no guards watching over the entrance, nor people fixing ships or creating new vehicles, it was totally deserted, not even a sound to be heard. They realized something must have happened, and decided to use Amy's teleport abilities to go directly inside Reba's office.

As they found themselves in between the light-gray walls of the small ragged room, they found Reba hand-cuffed to the chair of her desk and being interrogated by three Outsiders. Annie took Mat and Amy's arms immediately, and made themselves turn invisible. 

"We found within the memories of those girls you injected them a substance. What was it? How did you make them have telepathy?" asked the Outsider who seemed to be the captain thirsty of knowing the Outsiders' long search could be over if that woman had actually given the girls telepathy. As he realized Reba's lack of will to speak, he added "You're one of the best genetic engineers of this planet, we gave you the opportunity to choose several prototypes to work on, but if you don't want to cooperate, that little rat-labs of yours may be destroyed, as well as that Jupiter satellite you sent them to..." as Reba refused to respond knowing they couldn't destroy the only evidence they had found in thousands of years , the Outsiders, with their semi-robotic dark gray hands, broke both of her arms.

The twins were speechless, specially Annie, who knew what followed. Those creatures didn't know limits to torture, and that was just the beginning. The girls wanted so bad to kill them in that moment, but something kept them from doing it, maybe it was Annies' responsibility to keep the three survivors unseen, or the development of the plan.

All I know is that as I'm now here witnessing my beloved chief, the woman who had made me invulnerable to the enemy's serums, agonize in pain, I won't be able to hold myself together for much longer.-thought Annie

"Oh darling"said a fourth alien who had just entered the room, it was the first female Outsider they had ever seen, and she wasn't any close to being a model. "as the Captain hand-cuffed you, I could see all your memories. We know where they are, who they are, and why are you protecting them, so don't you worry to save any information. Now, just tell us what did you use to give those girls telepathy." Commented the being.

"Shall I never help you. I'd rather die than betray my own son." said Reba in a barely audible tone full of rage, followed by a slap from the female Outsider that threw her from the chair.

Who is her son?... oh my... she's actually Mat's mother!!How couldn't I have ever noticed before how much they look alike?! – thought the girls individually, as they threw a glance at Mat, and there were tears running down his face, that eventually turned into wrath.

All of a sudden, Mat violently moved his arm, out of Annie's touch, becoming visible for them, and ran toward the female Outsider with a knife in his hand, that in a fraction of seconds ended up in the eye of the now-dead-being.

The other three Outsiders tried to catch him, but he fled up to the top corner of the room over some metal lockers, taking his now-known mother with him. As they were distracted, Annie took two of the knives she had with her and buried the deep into two of the Outsiders' thin necks without even having to move from her place..

She then let go of Amy's arm, and turned visible again, as Amy teleported behind the only left Outsider, who was now running toward Annie. He reached her arm and held it really hard, as he started diving through the girl's mind really fast.

A second later his heart was no longer in his chest, but in Amy's hand, and his blood, all around the small office.