chapter eight

❃ • · ╌───────╌ · • ❃

        The match began and as she would expect it, she feels sorry honestly, not for her, not for the team but Hinata's nervous system because he is a mess, eating all of the volleyballs directed at the rest of the members as if he was pac-man. If she was on the side of the other team she would be laughing because of the mess Karasuno was being but since she's not, she really wants to dig her head on the ground like an ostrich.

        She could see how wild Hinata was being, nearly killing the referee by height is like falling from a hill like in those nightmares where you have to wake up before falling to the ground. The poor man is traumatized, all that while Hinata bowed in apology to the captain which tried to calm him but on from behind Kageyama was ready to slaughter the orange-haired male, thankfully Ennoshita held him back before letting that happened.

       All the while it was easy to see that the first match will be won by Johsai especially after seeing that the next person who will be serving is none other than Hinata himself, with a nerve-wracking look plastered on his face, [Name] just wings a white flag around a way of giving up for this round.

        "[Name]-san! Lower that flag right now!" Sugawara whispered but with a yelling tone that was directed at the girl.

        The whistle blew like hwiparam in that one Blackpink song and so it did with Kageyama's head. The entire life force of Hinata completely vanished once he saw who he hit. The flag [Name] put away thanks to Sugawara's plea soon came up again and it doubles it up because Kiyoko was waving one as well. Everyone was surprised at who the ball hit, Kageyama let out a grunt once the ball made contact with him leaving the entire court silent. Suddenly, an intense aura of thousands of suns surrounded the raven-haired boy, a thick mark was visible by the side of his head as a menacing glare pierce Hinata like a knife.

        "May Hinata rest in peace."

        "[Name]! Don't encourage the situation!"

        Sugawara again said with a freaked out tone this time, because with that easily concludes the first set. Soon after Tanaka and Tsukishima began laughing hysterically, which made the situation not so perfect for Hinata since both boys laughing were railing Kageyama up. [Name] stare at the chaos in fire and then at the heavenly light that shone on Hinata, Kageyama turned around and began walking towards Hinata and as soon as he got close her friend began to hit his head.

        "Just wondering..."

        "Yes?" Hinata asked, his entire body stopped trembling once he answered Kageyama.

        "Why are you so intimidated? Why are you so nervous? Is it because the opponents are tall? Is it because this is your first practice match? There's nothing scarier than hitting a serve into the back of my head... Is there?" like a total Yuno Gasai, Kageyama asked, his eyes dull and sharp, his smile small but not a smile that he usually does and makes him look scary to the point of making others question if he can even smile but the type of smile that is unnerving.

        "I can't think of anything."

        "In that case, you have no reason to be nervous anymore, do you? Because you've already done it... The scariest thing possible."

        Kageyama began saying while an undertone of a sing-song tone was present each time he hit the back of his head with his hand. Sometimes she wonders where did he learned to be scary like that but then she remembers on her first year of middle school and pointed out in her brain when was the last time she saw Tobio like this.