chapter nine

❃ • · ╌───────╌ · • ❃

        The match that might determine the game began a while ago, it was somewhat calm, especially since Kageyama showed Hinata that there is no reason to be afraid when he has done the worse thing possible. It started by Kindaichi and Tsukishima scaring Hinata with the reminder to teach them how he did a toss to the head and as she noticed the first point was handed over to the opposite team, it was clear to the young Oikawa how much improvement Tsukishima needs, especially at receiving.

         [Name] also noticed how Kageyama apologized instead of yelling at the sunshine-boy like Kindaichi bluffs about, in low-key she felt the feeling of pride bloom in her chest after seeing Kunimi and Kindaichi's reaction towards the said short apology. Soon the freak quick toss-and-spike as Tsukishima would call it happened to earn Karasuno a point as it surprised everyone present in the gym, not believing their eyes. The teamwork in Karasuno surprised Kindaichi, the said boy keeps staring at Kageyama as if he was in a dream because it was too good to be real.

        While Karasuno has the lead by one point and then it continues on hit after hit, it was a sight she loves to see, not only that but they are having fun plus the addition of learning and soon a break was called, making her hand water bottles to the members, as she did she felt Tobio standing beside her, as he always does. Feeling a stare [Name] turned to the other side of the court and saw her upperclassman named Iwaizumi that was gazing at her as if his eyes were telling her something, and it did. Since little, they have a certain connection with their eyes that surprised Tooru making him whined everything it happened. They stare off to keep going until a member of his team pulls him out by bending his knees.

        "No use for a solder!"

        "You piece ofㅡ"

        "Pay attention loverboy, I know she's cute and all but we have a match going on," Hanamaki said with a grin decorating his lips, that grin only represents the need to piss the vice-captain off.

        Iwaizumi blushed a bit at those words while looking away because he does not want that small hue of blush to be noticed by the other two third-years that love to tease him to no end, he sometimes wonders if they got that from Oikawa. Thinking about the older Oikawa, he wonders if his relationship with his younger sister has developed, but after not hearing anything related to [Name] from him, he guessed is an instant no. Letting out a small sigh, Iwaizumi took one more look at the female before concentrating on the match again. On the other hand, both Matsukawa and Hanamaki wonder if Tooru is okay with his childhood friend having a crush on his little sister, after all, he can be childish to the point of feeling jealous over the lack of attention from either side. Taking either guess, both third-years began to put bets on what they think will happen.

        "I bet both Oikawa's don't get along," Hanamaki began betting.

        "Bet Oikawa will have a sister-complex by the end of the month because of that," Matsukawa ended betting.

        "Will you two knock it off!" Iwaizumi yelled at them.

        The score was eighteen and seventeen, Karasuno taking the lead and raising the number again with Tsukishima's spike that gave him the creeps by how accurate Kageyama's toss was like. The raven-haired setter felt insulted by the mere presence of Tsukishima, replying it with an 'I can just aim at your glasses if you like' which cause [Name] to snort at the savage answer but of course Tsukishima has a comeback up his sleeve which was a dull 'try it, you'll get banished from the gym again', to be completely honest, their bickering kind of reminded her of how her brother and her would fight at home, and because they are petty both tend to keep in mind the score each one has to just say it whenever they want to prove a point.

        Speaking of her dear and beloved brother, she hasn't seen him, looking around she raised an eyebrow seeing that there was no sight of the alien-lover, shrugging her shoulders [Name] decided to pay attention at the court, not realizing that the brother she was searching for was by the corner of the entrance of a door. Tooru observed the match from afar, analyzing the players in Karasuno that don't receive well to the complete and utter attention to his sister. He made a 'tsk' sound coming from his mouth as he watched how enthusiastic she looked when she was speaking with a light grey-haired male who appeared to be pointing things out in the court.

        Tooru all of a sudden didn't feel right, as if the twenty-four-seven discussions between him and his sister weren't enough, the simple fact that he doesn't get to say anything in the matter to his sister made him pout, feeling a fit of deep jealousy over the sight of someone treating his sister as if she was their sister, excuse his body language but that's his sister you have there.

        Coming back again with the besties of friends called dumb and dumber like that American movie her father used to watch back in his days. The moon boy and the fish boy were on it like rats fighting in an expensive restaurant's kitchen. It soon came to the point that Kageyama and Tsukishima were having a war by the net as fire surrounded them like the lasagna just didn't burn while they fight over it.

        "Were you good at blocking, as well? But don't get too carried away."

        "Look who's talking. Don't get blown away, being all gangly like that."

        "Don't fight, guys. Okay?" Ennoshita tried to calm the two boys that tried to push each other as if it was a competition to see who was the strongest between the two of them, seeing the second-year beside the two first-years and not listening to him made [Name]'s eyebrow twitch in irritation, finding it annoying she decided to speed into action.

        "Tobio, Saltyshima, your opponents are on the other side of the net! Pay attention!" that the stern tone of her voice the female made sounded like a warning had both first-years freeze up as a spike from Iwaizumi was heading their way, and just like that they blocked it.

        "Yoosh."

        "Hey. I'm the one that blocked it."

        "Hah!? It hit my hand, too!"

        "THAT'S ENOUGH YOU TWO!"

        That that single yell from the [h/c]-haired female, made Tsukishima feel as if he lost twenty-years of life, it sounded like his mother when he does something he shouldn't while Tobio appeared to look like a kicked puppy especially when he looks at the floor like a little kid being grounded, Kageyama had a pout on his lips, while he thought that it has been a while since [Name] has yelled at him. The rest of the Karasuno team stood frozen with dotted-eyes while Tanaka and Hinata tried to hold their laughter while grinning like mad dogs.

        Aoba Johsai stood there, oddly feeling as if they were the ones to blame, they almost feel like they should apologize for the opposite team, Kunimi sight feeling relieves and glad that he's not on that team all the while Kindaichi has an imaginary image of [Name] holding the entire Karasuno team with leaches as if they were dogs in training. Tooru who was by the door was thinking if he did a bad choice into suggesting a practice match between this team, to be honest, the brown-haired male that looked like a spin-off k-pop idol has never seen or heard his sister like this. Should he be worried that Karasuno has been teaching her certain things?

        Yesn't.