11. The Start of This

FLUFF WARNING ;)

Blythe's POV

The ringing of my cell phone ripped me from peace as I jolted up straight. In my shock and haze, I had fallen straight to my ass and on to the floor. Sighing I stood up and grabbed my phone. My knees popped and my body groaned in protest as I stood. Maybe training that hard yesterday wasn't such a good idea.

"Major Blythe Jones." I ran my hand down my face and took a seat on the edge of my bed. Looking at the clock, I bit back a groan. It's only 2 AM.

"Hey Blythe, its Clint." I heard some shuffling but put that to the back of my mind as I answered.

"How can I help you this fine morning?" My question was laced heavily with sarcasm but, I couldn't get myself to care. It was too early for my body. Going back to a non solider schedule is making me soft. A grunt from the other line came through before a clatter making me raise my eyebrows. I heard dome soft swearing before the archer spoke up.

"Sorry, dropped my phone. Anyways Fury wants us."

"Oh...."

"Yeah. Wait hold on. Are you not a morning person?" I smiled as I could hear his teasing tone and decided to get ready while talking to him.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I could hear him chuckle on the other side and I couldn't help but grin. I pulled of my joggers that I was sleeping in pulled on a pair of skinny jeans. I grabbed socks and my Nikes and laced them up. "So why does Fury want us?"

"Um hold up, I'm putting you on speaker." I grinned a little to myself and did the same to my phone so I could finish getting ready. "Okay so I really don't know. He called me like 10 minutes ago and was like 'Barton get Jones and your asses to the compound I need you.'" He said in a surprisingly accurate mimic of Nick Fury. I laugh a bit before going to grab a shirt to wear.

"Okay so what are you thinking? Mission?" I chose a dark green long sleeve with a little pocket on my chest with cacti on the material. Pulling it over my head, I walked over to my vanity.

"Probably, I'm to tired to think right now." With a smirk on my face, I go to respond.

"Tired sleeping beauty?"

"Yeah, I could cry I'm so tired." I bite my cheek to keep my self from busting out laughing. Instead I put in my earrings and grab my keys.

"Well Clinton, I'm going to hop in my car and driver there. Meet you there?"

"Yeah, I'm just about to head out too. See you in a few."

"Yep." I hung up and hurried out to my car. I buckle up and pull out of the garage. The drive to the compound is short and sweet. Good thing about being up this early is that there's barely any traffic.

I pull up and shut of my car with a small groan. It's barely 2:30. I lean my head on the steering wheel and decide to close my eyes. Just until Clint gets here..........

"-Ake up. Blythe!" I jolt awake to meet the face of a very amused Clint Barton. I groan and wipe my hand down my face and check the clock. 2:42.

"I don't wannaaaa." I know my voice is whiny but, I could care less. I'm tired and want my warm bed. Not the cool autumn air in my face. I mean keep the Clint. He can stay.

"Okay sleeping beauty." His smile grew as I threw a glare his way. "What do you want me to carry you?" I nod my head tiredly, not completely comprehending what had come out of his pretty mouth. It is really pretty. He is really pretty. "Actually?!" I nod once more but, I can't help but stare at him. He chuckles and shakes his head before opening my car door wider. A pink dusting over his face.