14. Fire against Fire

Jogging down the streets of Brooklyn, Blythe Jones listens to music. Slightly singing along, she turns onto her own street. She slows to a stop in front of her house and leans on her knees. Taking deep gulps of breaths, she walks up the brick stairs and unlocks her door.

She grabs a drink of water and checks her phone for any text messages. 3 New Messages.

Jackson: [8:12 AM] I had a great time last night! ;)

Blythe: [9:03 AM] Me too. Thank you for an amazing night.

She smiled softly at the screen, being truthful with the brunette man. She did have an amazing night but, she felt almost guilty. Guilty because she didn't spend it with Clint.

Jackson had brought her to a new resturant in Queens and they spent three hours there eating and talking. After they went for a walk in a cute little park down the road. Blythe enjoyed herself and seemed to like Jackson very much. The night had been perfect and when she arrived home, she had a smile on her face.

Waking up this morning, she smiled thinking about it. Then that smile morphed into a frown. She'd grown very close with Clint but hadn't mentioned the date to him whatsoever. She wanted to but something was holding her back. She sighed softly and went to check her other texts.

Nat: [10:24 PM] Heard you got a date? Spill

Major: [9:05 AM] Yeah, I did. Last night. How'd you find out?

Her heart raced inside her chest at her friends text. If Natasha knew, did that meant Clint knew? No, you're probably over reacting. He wouldn't even care, she thought to herself and opened the last text.

Kaileyyyyy <3: [8:56 AM] OMG!!! How'd it go? Is he super hot? Was he nice? What'd you guys do? Did you hold hands? DID YOU KISS?!?!?

Blushing slightly, she set her phone down, ignoring her best friends text. Instead she opted to hop in the shower and wash off her run. She sat in the shower for a few minutes longer than normal. She tried to collect her thoughts and calm herself down. By the end, she decided to just text Clint.

She dried off and threw on a pair of jean capris and a random navy t-shirt. She did her hair in a braid and put on a little mascara. She grabbed her phone and texted her favorite archer.

Blythe:[9:38 AM] Hey, R U busy 2day?

She set her phone back on the counter and started to make herself a late breakfast. She tried to stay patient and resist the urge to check her phone every five seconds.

************************************

Over at a certain Archer's home, Clint's phone dings. He was sitting in his room and looking out the window. His thoughts were filled with Blythe but his heart was slightly sore. He knew that he loved Blythe since the beginning. He thought that he'd have a lot more time to get up the nerve to admit it though. Now he's here alone while the girl of his dreams has a boyfriend and its not him.

After Sam and Bucky had told him, he's been alone. He didn't know what to think or what to do. He may or may not have had JARVIS see who the guy was and pull up his track record. His name is Jackson Blue with, sadly, no track record. The odd thing is that he couldn't find anything on him. No dirt, nothing. And everybody has something.

He sighed and got out of his chair. He grabbed his phone off his nightstand and frowned slightly.

Blythe:[9:38 AM] Hey, R U busy 2day?