12. The end of the beginning

The plane shook slightly as we glided through the air. Blythe had fallen asleep after two hours and her head was laying on her shoulder. My hand still tightly encased in her own. She snuffled slightly and whined a bit. I smiled softly at her and looked down at her. How in the world did I get this lucky to be able to be on a plane next to a girl like this? 

The plane shook again and I drew in a long breath. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of flying commercial. Blythe sighed and opened her eyes, shocking me a bit. I didn't know she was awake.... She took her head off my shoulder a stretched. Well, as best she could with the little space she had. 

"How was your nap Miss Sleeping Beauty?"

"Good. You are a wonderful pillow by the way." She grinned at me and her gorgeous eyes sparkled. I couldn't help but smile back at her. "So, have you ever been to France?"

"Once, a really long time ago. It's very nice. How about you?"

" Not yet, I've always wanted to go. I just haven't found the time."

"Well, it looks like you found some now." I smiled at her once again before we paid attention to what the pilot had to say on the intercom. Turns out we will be landing in a few minutes. 

I tucked away my book that I was reading and Blythe shoved her backpack under her seat and put her seat belt back on. The plane shook a little more and I gripped her hand harder. She simply smiled at me and rubbed the top of my hand with her thumb. 

"Like I was saying, I've always wanted to go to France. To Paris mostly. I want to see the Eifle Tower and eat Crossaints as the sun rises. Trust me though, I'm not some hopeless romantic. I've wanted to go with Kailey. Well, more like Kailey wants to drag me along shopping. She wants to go to sight seeing and roam the streets looking at hot guys. Sadly she isn't here so, you'll have to work I suppose." She faked a sigh and I had to chuckle a bit at her antics. 

The pilot came back on and welcomed us to the French Airport. Wait, we're there already? I looked out the window in shock and back at Blythe.  She smiled back at me and I realized that she had meant to distract me. Oh.

We got of the plane and walked to baggage claim. We grabbed our bags and headed out to the main entrance where Fury had a car waiting for us. We hopped in the back of the car and headed to the hotel. 

20 minutes later we made it to the hotel and checked-in. We had to share a room so we could play the part and honestly I was okay with that. The only weird thing is, is that it only has one bed so we kinda have to share unless one of us wants the floor. Oh well, we'll figure it out. 

 We settled in and got our stuff in the respected places. I decided to go over the mission plan and pulled out the envelope. I swiftly read over the plans and then reread. The mission didn't start for two days? Huh...

"What's wrong?" Blythe walked over and sat on the bed next to me. I shrugged and handed her the mission plan. She glanced at it and silently raised her eyebrows. "Well then...." She handed it back to me and we looked at each other.

"Well then, would you like to go and explore Paris?" I grinned at her and she smiled right back.2

< 2 HOURS LATER>

"Wait so you actually got attacked by clowns?!" 

"YES! We were over seas and we had a night off. There was this odd carnival going on so Rhodey and I decided to go to it with a few of the other guys. We went into the mirror house and we were in there for like 20 minutes and all of a sudden the power goes off!"