13. Coffee Hearts

It was a Thursday morning in August and I had nothing to do. Kailey is on a date with some guy from work and will be gone all day. I thought about calling or texting Clint to see what he was doing but, I didn't want to bother him on his day off. 

With that in mind, I decided to grab a bite to eat and then go to Barnes and Noble. I could always use some new books and after I might swing by the office for a bit. See if I need to do any paper work.

I threw on a black and white striped t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I didn't do my make-up but put my hair in a pony tail and put on my tennis shoes. Grabbing my sunglasses, I left my apartment and started to walk to Winding Roads.

The door dinged softly as I entered and I took a deep breath, filling my nose with coffee and chocolate. I wandered up to the counter and took my time. Plus side of having off on a week day, no lines. 

No one was at the counter so I waited patiently with my order and decided to check my phone. 2 new messages. Hmm, lets see. One from Sam and one from Steve.

Sammy: [7:33 AM] Hey so I can't remember what the third Star Wars movie is called.... also I know you have that series on DVD soooo can I borrow them?

Jonessss: [8:09AM] It's revenge of the Sith and yes. I'll be around later if you want to pick it up to grab.

I texted him back and then went to see what Steve wanted.

Steebe:[ 7:57 AM] How do I use the weird face sticker things again?

Blythers: [8:11 AM] Hit the smiley face above your keyboard. It'll take you to the emoji selection.

I looked up from my phone as I heard someone come to the front. I slide my phone in my pocket and took out my wallet. Leggings with pockets are honestly a heaven send. I looked up again and met the hazel eyes of Jackson Blue. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Don't get me wrong, this guy is hot but, my mind has been filled with a certain archer lately. I wish that he liked me back. Oh geez, I sound like a school girl right now.

"Hey, Jackson. Right?" He grinned wider and nodded enthusiastically. 

"Yeah, and you're Blythe?" 

"Bingo."

"Well Blythe, what can I get you today." He smirked at me, his eyes roaming around my face.

"A pumpkin spice late. Please and Thank you." He nodded and typed it onto the screen as I dug out a ten. I set it on the counter and waited for him to make it. I dug out my phone and saw that Sam responded to my text.

Sammy: [8:16 AM] Sure. I'll be by in an hour???

Jonessss: [8:17 AM] Perfect.

I slid my phone back as Jackson come back with my drink and a slight blush on his cheeks. I smile at him and he sets my cup on the counter. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked a little sheepish.

"Um, so I know this is random and we don't really know each other but, do you wanna go out sometime? Like on a date?" To say I was shocked is an understatement. I must have looked shocked to but I shook my self out of it and thought about it for a few seconds.

The only other person I was interested in, wasn't interested in me. Unless he changed his mind I'd be single for a awhile. And, I haven't been on a date for a very long time. I suppose it wouldn't hurt. He's cute and sweet. Why not?

"I'd like that." His head shot up and he grinned at me. His smile is cute too.

"Really?" He asked me again.