10. So we meet again

A few days after the movie with Blythe had gone down, Clint had a day off. The rest of the team was on a mission and the man was too nervous to ask Blythe what she was up to that day. He sat on the couch in the common room, fiddling with his phone. Maybe just maybe he'd get up the nerve to send her a text. I mean he's a god damn superhero for pete's sake. He fights bad guys and aliens on a daily bases. Why is he all of a sudden scared to simply text a girl. 

That's the thing. Its not simple, not even in the slightest. This was Blythe, the unknown love of his life and every time he thought of her,  his heart raced and the butterflies in his stomach went insane. To sum it up, its like he was in high school all over again. 

Finally the man shot up out of his seat and made up his mind. He'd go get  a coffee and go for a walk to calm his nerves before getting up the courage to text Blythe. He jogged to his room to grab his leather jacket and keys before heading out the door to his favorite coffee shop. 

A few blocks away, Blythe stepped out of her brownstone house, locking the door. Her wavy hair blew into her face and she brushed it away gently. She wore a lace button up tank top, tucked into a army green skirt and a pair of brown strappy heels. She was on her way to grab some coffee as her and Kailey had just pulled an all nighter trying to catch Blythe up on Grey's Anatomy.

Pulling an all-nighter could already be some work but then add Kailey in there and now the poor woman was exhausted. But, she had plans for the day. She was going to grab some coffee and then head to the library to pick up some light reading. After that she figured she'd go to the mall and go shopping for once. Blythe never was a big fan of shopping but, since she'd gotten back she found that she barely has any clothes. This resulted in her having to borrow clothes from Kailey and wear the same bra for a week straight. 

She pulled up to the coffee shop and shifted her car into park, stifling a yawn. Stepping, out of her car she grabs her purse and steps up on to the curb. The door jingles as she opens it and she breathes in deeply, enjoying the smell of coffee and cake. The line was short, only two people, she took her time deciding on what to order. 

She selected a Java Chunk Frappe and decided to grab an apple fritter while she was at it. 

"Hello, welcome to Winding Road Coffee, what can I get for you today?" Blythe's eyes shot to the voice in shock. Normally, Abbie was the barista but today a young man stood behind the counter. Reading the name tag, Blythe found out that his name is Jackson. Jackson had dark black hair and dark hazel eyes. His skin was tanned and his smile bright. Blythe smiled back at him and relayed her order.

"Hi, can I get a Java Chunk Frappe and an Apple Fritter too? Thank you."

"No problem...."

"Blythe. My name is Blythe." She stuck her hand out and Jackson took it gladly. His eyes were automatically drawn to the beautiful woman in front of him.

"Jackson. I'm new here and your total is $7.38."

"Nice to meet you Jackson. And I figured, normally Abbie is the Barista." He smiled back at her as he started to make her coffee and grabbed the fritter. She paid in cash and he handed her her change back.

"Well, hopefully it wasn't to much of a disappointment to see me back here." He handed her the coffee and she smiled at him, even blushing a tad bit.

"Not at all. Thank you."

"Of course, have a good day Blythe. Hopefully we see each other soon."

"Nice meeting you." Blythe laughed nervously as she lifted her coffee to say goodbye. She swung the door open and with out looking, stepped out.