emotions? what the fuck?

"jesus fucking christ, dude," tommy yelped, wiping his face aggressively of any tears or water that should still be there. "we've fucking talked about this shit," he sat on his bed. techno shrugged. 

"yeah, i know. don't know why you really expected me to listen though," the pink haired boy responded. 

"fair enough. look, i'm not in the mood for your bullshit today. get out," he ordered. he didn't really think he was going to get out of whatever techno was planning on putting him through, but it was worth the shot.

"no," was techno's simple answer. tommy had seen it coming, but he let out an annoyed groan nonetheless. 

"fine. let me change then," he was too tired to really argue. techno spun in his chair so that he was facing the other direction. grumbling quietly to himself, tommy found some pyjamas- a zelda shirt that was too small, and some random pair of basketball shorts that were way too big. he turned so that his back was to techno's as he changed. once he was comfortably dressed and sat on his bed, he spoke. "okay, now what the hell do you want?"

techno spun back around in the chair, putting his foot down so that he was stopped when he was facing tommy. "to talk,"

" 'bout what?" tommy asked.

" 'bout what?' " techno mocked sarcastically. he adjusted so that he was sitting in the chair more comfortably- comfortably for techno being so that he was seated in the chair like some sort of weird anime character, tommy knew which one, he just couldn't put his finger on which one. some letter or something. "don't act like an idiot. even i know that was rough,"

tommy shrugged. "he wasn't wro-"

"don't say that," techno interrupted, surprising tommy.  techno didn't usually interrupt people. he usually waited for them to finish what they were saying before pointing out how stupid and or/wrong they were. "listen, wilbur's an idiot. a scared idiot," they sat in silence for a few minutes before techno got up and sat beside tommy. "i know what it's like, you know. bein' new here. bein' fostered 'n all that,"

once again, tommy shrugged. he was surprised his arms were still in their sockets. "yeah, no shit," and rather than scowl like tommy would have expected, techno gave a sarcastic laugh.

"you're such a little shit, tommy," the pink haired boy said.

"yeah, whatever. listen, i don't want your bullshit," 

"lucky for you, i actually don't care what you want," techno smiled smugly and tommy groaned.

"fine, just- don't give me some bullshit lore exposition. i don't give a single shit about you when you were younger or anything like that at all,"

"it's almost like you don't understand that i don't care," tommy grumbled to himself at techno's bitch ass. 

techno remembered when his name wasn't techno watson. it felt weird to think back to when phil wasn't his father. he usually didn't. as far as he was concerned, phil was his "real" father. it felt like he just always had been.

when techno was five years old, he said goodbye to his mother. he didn't remember all that much about her. he did remember that she was sick. he also didn't actually get to say a proper goodbye. he and his father would visit her at the doctors every single day, and then one day, they stopped. he remembered asking his dad for two weeks when they were going to see her again, and finally after sixteen days of techno asking (he'd been counting) and his father responding with "soon", something snapped.

"we're not going to be seeing mommy anymore," his father had crouched down so that he could make eye contact with his son. techno broke it, looking down at his fingers instead.