well , that went downhill quickly !

'R U sure?'

it was three p.m. on the dot. tommy wasn't technically allowed his phone in class, but he also didn't really care. after spending the rest of the morning before class with tubbo, then spending the entirety of lunch with him, tommy had decided that he would, in fact, be walking home with him. he'd told this to phil, sending a decently generic text.

'don't need a ride. walking home with a friend.' phil's response had been almost instant, and it was like seven different texts.

'What friend??'

'Where do they live??'

'Should I just drive U both???'

phil was like the textbook definition of a concerned guardian, and while it might usually be nice to have someone being worried about you, tommy found it much easier when he could just do whatever he wanted with no questions asked.

'toby. the one from across the street.'

'Really?? U talked with him??? U're friends with him?? Toms, that's great!' again, like a ten second difference. how had he even managed to text that fast??

'yeah, so i dont need a ride.' tommy had sent this text at two fifty nine, leading us to three p.m. and phil's question of

'R U sure?' tommy didn't check his phone as soon as it vibrated, given that his history teacher was basically breathing down his neck. the woman had suspected tommy had been on his phone, but had yet to catch him on it, so she hadn't confiscated it or said anything.

about five minutes later when the woman finally hopped off his fucking dick and went to bother another kid, tommy responded.

'yeah.'

'Alright. I'll be at the house then. Come straight home please :)' again, an instant reply. the man had fingers like the flash or something. tommy didn't respond to this, choosing instead to shove his phone in his pocket so that the teacher would stop shooting him menacing glares. 

after a few more agonizing minutes of class, the bell rang. tommy sprang up, being amongst the first few to leave the classroom. he thought he heard some 'the bell doesn't dismiss you, i do' bullshit, but he didn't care, because as far as he was concerned, the bell certainly did dismiss him. besides, he wanted to get to the tree spot before tubbo decided to leave without him. 

after about seven minutes, tommy was wondering if getting there like a minute and a half after the bell was too long, because the schoolyard was slowly emptying, and tubbo was nowhere to be seen. after eight minutes, tommy was about to find his own way home, and after eight minutes and forty four seconds (tommy was counting) a frazzled looking tubbo appeared with his arms full of his papers and his bag hanging loosely from his shoulder. once he got to tommy, he dropped his shit on the ground and got down on his knees to organize it slightly.

"sorry, tommy, i ran into just a bit of trouble at the bell- my zipper opened and my stuff fell all the way down the stairs," he explained, deciding against organizing it and choosing instead to shove it all away.  after a few minutes of frantic paper shuffling, tubbo stood back up, brushing his knees off and smiling brightly.

"alright, let's go !" toby slung his bags over his shoulders and started off towards their houses.

unlike the car rides with phil, the walk home wasn't awkward- it was quite the opposite. actually quite fun. it consisted a lot of tubbo asking questions or telling lame ass jokes, and tommy giving half assed responses, or unwilling laughs. none of the jokes were really funny, but tubbo had such a distinct way that he said things that cracked tommy up.