in which everything goes wonderfully... okay. i guess?

“wil, techno. meet tommy,” phil was less than pleased with the welcoming. his text had strictly told wilbur to bring home those shitty fucking cupcakes with the icing that basically falls off as soon as you even look at the damn things, yet the treats were nowhere to be seen. he would think that at least techno would’ve coerced his bastard of an older brother to get the fucking cupcakes. he was also pretty sure that he’d told them to be ready and looking nice and NOT be flung across the couch the way that they currently were. what did he really expect? he loved his kids to death, he really did, but jesus christ, they were really going to be the death of him. 

“hey, tommy. what’s up? techno’s voice had basically no emotion to it, tommy noticed. honestly? he wasn’t surprised. techno had a pretty emotionless face in not only the photos, but also just- in general. like, tommy was looking at him right now, and he looked like he’d never experienced any emotion in his entire fucking life. 

“eh,” tommy responded, shifting his weight slightly. this was fucking awkward. what was he supposed to do?? he didn’t fucken know. he knew that he’d done it before, and he supposed that he could do it again, so luckily, he didn’t have to.

“we’re watching family feud,” wilbur pointed at the television where the host stood in the center of the screen. did this shit even play in the u.k.? what channel were they even on? tommy wanted to know so he could fucking block it from his t.v. “wanna join?” there were actually very few things that tommy wanted to do less than that. luckily, techno seemed to pick up on his distaste for the idea. 

“wil, he’s got all sorta stuff to put away. let him get comfortable ‘n shit first,” while tommy agreed with what he had to say, he disagreed with how he said it. fucken feel something, big man, damn.

“alright, good point,” wilbur agreed, looking away from tommy and towards the television. tommy was just now realizing how slow and spaced out his words were. was he high or was he genuinely unconcerned with this new kid staying in his house? tommy honestly couldn’t tell (and didn’t care) either way. techno’s eyes lingered on tommy for just a moment longer, and dare tommy say that he saw a hint of a smile? Before he could tell for sure, techno looked away as well.

“lovely, thanks boys,” phil had a sort of tone that indicated he may literally kill these children once he was done getting tommy settled. “tommy, i can show you your new room and you can get good and settled,” the man shot one final glare at wilbur and techno before smiling at tommy and starting up towards his new room.

the moment they were out of sight techno looked to his brother with a suspicious glance. "wil, you know dad said to get the cupcakes, right?" he asked.

"yup" wilburs attention went back to the television. he knew that they were gonna get bitched at, but he didn't really care. he wasn't going to go out of his way and waste that extra gas money. sure, his dad would probably pay him back for it had he asked, but he didn't want to ask. 

it wasn't that wilbur was jealous or anything, but he didn't appreciate some asshole kid just waltzing in to his house and all. of course, he'd done the exact same thing with techno, but they had both been kids and he didn't think techno had really even noticed anyways. now they were both teenagers that had to work much harder to get attention and there was only one phil and now three of them. plus, tommy was a little shit. he just got the sort of vibe from him.

"you know he's gonna yell at both of us for not gettin' it, right?" techno inquired further, sitting up properly. he and wil had only talked about tommy coming to live with them about once or twice. both times they'd just sorta checked up on each other, made sure they were okay, and that was it. he'd admit that wil hadn't seemed thrilled, but he was a really nice guy, techno knew his brother, he figured he was just having a bit of a rough day or something.