the redemption(ish) arc of that no good bitch boy part 3 (the end of that shit)

the ride to the cinema was quiet, but not in an awkward way. they seemed to realize the gist of how all of this was going to go. tommy was going to be awkward and angsty, wilbur was going to (unintentionally) make the situation worse, and techno was going to sit in all of his middle/favourite child glory. quiet violin music set the tone, and made this trip like some weird coming of age movie.

being able to watch a movie (the trio agreed on when marnie was there, simply because that and ponyo were the only two that techno and wilbur recognized, and they both had the plot of ponyo memorized. it was a great film and they'd die on that hill) definitely cleared the air a bit. wilbur felt a fee prickles in his eyes, and techno's glasses were suspiciously foggy at the end scene. like come on, anna called the woman her mother again, that shit was touching. even tommy wiped his eyes once or twice. something about slowly healing families seemed to get all of them. wonder why.

anyhow, by the end of that shit, the three were much more comfortable around each other. of course, none of them said a single thing about the tears that were shed, they all sorta pretended that shit didn't happen and climbed back into the car quietly. the snow was seemingly chilling the fuck out, though had piled onto the ground at about four or five inches. like, they were clearly having to be all huge and dramatic with their steps to walk, because that shit was inconvenient as HELL, but ya know, that's fucking life. 

wilbur had been driving in snow for about three or four years now, so it wasn't a huge deal. of course, techno was doing that thing that parents do when their kids drive and acting as though these may be his final moments on earth (granted, wilbur was a bit of a reckless driver- not as bad as dream, tommy could confirm, but he went just a bit too fast at yellow lights, and maybe tried to tokyo drift his way around corners, but not nearly as bad as techno acted it was) but tommy didn't seem to care much. 

now, you may be thinking, wow, this is a lot of bullshit time skipping, and frankly, you're right. it is. but surely you've had those days where time feels unreal. where you wake up and go about your day, and before you know it, you find yourself mindlessly scrolling through twitter at four a.m. when you try and think back on your day and you may remember that you got a new bra from target, but that was like, the only memorable thing and you couldn't remember what else you did for the life of you. this was how the day was starting to seem for tommy. granted, he hadn't really gone and bought a bra from target, but 

he felt like when he finally managed to escape to his bedroom and recount his days events to tubbo, he'd probably struggle. fuck, he already barely remembered what snacks he'd gotten from poundland.

the car came to an abrupt stop in the driveway, techno muttering a "my god," under his breath at how the car lurched slightly upon stopping. 

"alright you two, out," wilbur rolled his eyes at how dramatic his brother was. 

"i don't think there's anything worse than being in a car when you're driving," techno said as he climbed out of the car, holding his bookbag by the strap but not actually throwing it over his shoulder.

"orphans?" wilbur suggested. techno seemed to think on this for a second, the three of them really taking in the irony of the suggestion, before techno nodded in agreement. 

"yeah, that's fair," he replied.

"true," tommy piped up, surprising both wilbur and techno. it was a bit awkward, considering he was technically the only orphan of the three of them. "if i were an orphan i'd simply be adopted. dunno, maybe i'm just built a bit different or something," he said, sounding completely serious, with a poker face the same as a man who had £45,000 on the line. 

wilbur and techno looked at each other as if they were unsure if they were allowed to laugh at this, before tommy burst into laughter. "sorry, that was just the perfect opportunity," tommy explained, pulling his backpack on.