making a home.

one month after tubbo came over for the first time passes, and the somewhat short tempers turned much longer. two months passed and the short "heys" and "hellos" between wilbur and tommy in the hallway to their rooms and all turn into "good mornings" and "bitch ass" as greetings. three and a half months passed and tommy willingly and quite gleefully watches movies with only wilbur. (it took a bit of coercing to watch the same four movies over and over again, but wilbur gives in eventually because tommy's puppy dog eyes never failed to make him feel guilty) 

four months passed, and phil knocked quietly on tommy's door. it was just a normal saturday, three-ish in the afternoon, and tommy was on the phone with tubbo.

"EXACTLY BIG MAN! that's what I'm sayin- hold on," he muted himself from the call. "i'm on the phoooonnneee," he groaned. 

"tommy, come on, i wanna talk to you. tubbo can wait," phil pointed out. tommy thought about this for a moment or two, then nodded in agreement because tubbo certainly could, and WOULD wait.  

"alright, fine," he unmuted for a moment. "alright, big t, i have to go for a bit. you know, phil being a pain," he explained.

"okay dokay, dude. i'm gonna go pester my brother and his boyfriend. and sapnap. call me later," tubbo replied, hanging up. tommy grinned and set his phone down.

"alright, come in," he turned so that he was facing the door, rather than the wall from before. he'd had a couple heart-to-hearts with phil, though they were usually provoked for whatever reason, but he was decently sure that he hadn't done anything to make this happen, so he was quite curious as to where exactly this conversation was going to go.

phil opened the door, smiling brightly. this wasn't surprising. phil always looked really happy, and recently, tommy had begun to appreciate this. basically no matter how he was feeling, if phil was smiling, he'd be smiling as well.

"hey," he entered and closed the door behind him. "can we talk for a minute? i had something i wanted to ask you," phil smiled. tommy's stomach did a bit of a flip, but so did his heart, and he already wasn't thrilled with the direction in which this conversation was going.

"yeah, sure," tommy nodded, he scooted to the top corner of his bed and patted the empty spot. 

"tommy, you've been with us for a while, you know," he began. already, tommy shifted. he counted around eight months, which was frankly longer than he'd been with basically any family before. wordlessly, the blonde nodded. he couldn't tell if his heart was in his stomach ot his throat but it sure as HELL wasn't where it was supposed to be.

 "well," tommy was about ready to vomit. why the fuck was this taking so long?? why couldn't phil just spit it out?? this was some sort of terrible fucking thriller movie but instead of cool murder or something it was much worse. "i've been thinking. what do you think about living here. permanently," phil asked. tommy realized that his heart was in his throat, and he felt as if he were he going to vomit. 

"what?" tommy asked in a meek voice. he was basically waiting for ashton kutcher to come out and tell him he just got prank'd or some shit. luckily, he didn't think there was enough room in his closet for ashton to be hiding. 

"living here. permanently. ya know, us adopting you. and you legally becoming a part of this family," phil replied, adding in the whole 'legally' part, because he'd basically been a part of this family emotionally and all as soon as he'd walked in the front door. tommy didn't know what to say- fuck, he didn't even know how to speak dude. what even was english? he sure as hell didn't know.

"oh," tommy replied, swallowing harshly. fuck fuck fuck fuck. fuck. he wanted to agree and all that, obviously, he just wanted to be at peace. at home. but he was fucking terrified.