-11-

________________________

Incoming FaceTime call from Clay 🥵💚

________________________

As soon as it appeared on the screen, I almost hit the end button by mistake. I took a quick breath in and answered the call, completely forgetting that I am not the most presentable at this moment as I was about to go to bed.

"Hey Y/N, Whatchu doin?" His camera is not facing him, but is pointed to the ceiling. I can hear tapping in the background from his keyboard so I guess he is either working on something or just playing minecraft. "What's up Clay? Also why facetime me if you're not gonna show me your cute face?" I blurted out that last part very calmly as my brain isn't completely there because of the lateness of the night. It didn't even properly process in my head until Clay said "you can see this cute face in a minute, I'm just finishing up this bit for a video." And he giggles a little at my straight to the point and out of the blue complement. I blush but not to a point that is too visible and noticeable through the camera.

And after a few minutes, I no longer hear the clicking and see the camera move to his face. He looks exhausted. "Hey! Have you slept? You look like you've been awake for days." I say, not trying to be rude, I am just worried that he isn't taking care of himself. I know he only just moved out on his own, and he may not be taking enough care of himself. He chuckles, "I have slept, just not much recently. I've been working a lot to get more content out and helping with the designs and stuff with the merch and then the whole 'I fake my speed runs' thing-" I cut him off "no matter how much stuff is going on, you still have to give your brain enough rest, I don't want you to overwork yourself. Now go get ready for bed, leave the computer for the rest of tonight."

He of course listened to me, after groaning about not wanting to listen. I just stayed on the call, camera once again facing the ceiling since he was changing and doing whatever else to get ready for bed. Since I have nothing to look at, I leave the app and start scrolling through Twitter.

"Hey! Why you have the call on pause?" Clay comes back from getting ready to call it a night. "I was bored of the ceiling so I went on Twitter, liked a couple of your tweets." I respond with as I open up the FaceTime app again. Now he's showing his face again, while laying in bed and I assume a lamp on since the room doesn't seem bright enough to have the actual light on. "So why'd you call again?" I asked as the question was still unanswered. He smiles a goofy smile, "I wanted to talk to you last before you went to bed. I gotta be the last thing you think about so I'll be in your dreams~" he definitely hasn't gotten enough sleep to speak so confidently like that. I feel my face heat up a little bit and I give him a smile back, hopefully not as goofy has his looks.

I hear a yawn escape his lips as he tried to cover his face. I giggle and then also yawn back. We just kinda start laughing because we are both tired and drunk on the lack of sleep. We just kind of stay laughing for a few minutes then it quiets down. "Goodnight Clay, sleep well." I say, finger hovering over the end call button. "Wait! Don't leave, sleep call with me. Pleaseeeee~?" He whines like a little kid wanting a candy bar or toy. I think it over, I mean, why not? "Okay fine, but I'm gonna lay you down next to me so I can sleep now." He nods, "there's no where else I'd rather be"

I'm glad I put the phone down before he finished that. I know I'm blushing to a point that even though there's no light, he would see it. I hope he was at least blushing a bit too, even though he has all the confidence.

I slowly start to zone into the sound of his soft breathing through the speakers and drift off to sleep.

~<=>~~~<=>~~~<=>~~~<=>~