-6-

Quirrel was speechless, but allowed you to pour your heart out to him. He stroked your back comfortingly, not frightened whatsoever by the amount of tears that were falling from your face. You have always desired to be able to hug Quirrel this tightly as comfort for any kind of sadness that stood in your direction.

"Shh, shh, it's alright. We're back with each other for now, and that's all that matters," He said with a soothing tone, and you felt yourself proceeding to calm down with the unstoppable sobs that were coming out of you beforehand. You still sniffled, but the crying had decreased with the comforting embrace Quirrel was giving you at the moment. Eventually, you broke apart the hug and smiled lightheartedly at him, too grateful that you were able to stare at his magnificent face again.

"So, what did you do while I wasn't around?" He brought back the conversation, which snapped you out of your dreamy gaze. Now he was the one staring at you, as curiosity lit up his face with the urge to know what you had done without his company for the few days that the two of you were separated.

You clasped your hands together nervously. "Well, I basically explored the entire capital. The City of Tears is such a beautiful place to be in. Also, I was 100% totally not thinking about whether you were okay frequently as I scoured the rainy land."

Quirrel perked up in surprise and slightly blushed when he heard the last sentence. He was apparently more intrigued in finding out why you thought about him rather than anything else that could be classified as "significant." 

"Huh. Tell me more. Why me out of everyone else that you know?" He tilted his head, determined to seek out whatever information from you that he was looking for. Although with a mask, you were able to imagine him hiding a small smirk after bringing up such a question. You took a few breaths as you felt your face growing warm with Quirrel's question, but you knew you had to give an answer; Quirrel wasn't the type of person who accepted no or silence as a reply. 

But before you were able to provide him with the response he wished for, he quickly interrupted. "How about we go sit on the bench nearest to us and then talk about this? I would prefer to sit near glowing, vibrant crystals instead of standing here in the midst of darkness and no color," He gestured for you to follow, and you awkwardly took the rear, skipping behind him until rapidly finding the bench that Crystal Guardian had sat on prior to you fighting them to claim it for yourself.

Quirrel placed himself on the iron seating, and you sat beside him to relieve your legs from having to walk around for so long. Finally, you were able to commence the explanation. "Well, you see, I- I actually care about you a lot. As- as a best friend."

"I think you're trying to lead to something. You definitely don't think of us as just friends, or vice versa."

It shocked you how suddenly Quirrel knew about what you were trying to say. It made you feel dizzy inside, but you kept yourself steady. "How did y-you know? It couldn't have been that easy-"

You were disrupted when he placed one of his fingers on your mouth, stopping what you were going to say. "Possibly because of how cute you are 98% of the time," He whispered, making you lose your focus entirely and nearly fall off the seat. You positioned yourself to look at him, straining to look less embarrassed and more shocked. However, you were too flattered to do anything about that, so you just looked at him with a face painted with rosy pink blush.

"All this time, you have known from the start that I have felt.. d-different around you?" You said while stuttering, and he let out a small laugh as he nodded his head. After the several unexpected things that he has said and done to surprise you, you felt like you couldn't open your mouth ever again.

"To be honest, I was thinking about you too. A lot," He paused to see your reaction, which was to chuckle quietly and look down at your shifting feet, before continuing. "I always got worried about if you got hurt, or got lost, or if I wouldn't be able to see you again." He turned to face you, a tear streaming down from his right eye as he gazed into you. "But now, you're with me again, and for some reason, I don't want to let you go. Ever."

He grasped your hand in his, making you flinch as you noticed that he was bringing you closer to him. You were unable to control how much you were heating up because of his behavior. You didn't know Quirrel would be so unpredictable today! Unable to hesitate a single word, he inches you closer to the point where it was a small distance before your lips could touch.

"I don't think you even have to say it. If you meant to say, I love you, then I'm already doing the favor for you. I-I love you, (Y/N)." His face was now deeply covered in red, just like yours at the moment. But, without thinking, he placed his lips on yours and started to gently kiss you. You were dazzled by the charm he displayed earlier, but felt yourself falling deeper into the kiss as you grew happier with the realization that he felt the same way for you.

And that this time, it wasn't imaginary.

(A/N: Sorry if this chapter was a bit shorter; I wasn't feeling too good at first and I didn't have much ideas on what to put. At least you get kith from Qurile uwfeagwivha lergviueskj)