-9-

Hearing a quiet sigh and a rapid nod from Quirrel's head gave you enough proof; Quirrel had actually formed a bond with one of the most famous Dreamers: Monomon the Teacher. Your mouth was paralyzed into an "o" shape that wasn't extremely distinguishable, but noticeable enough.

"Dudeee, I can't believe-" You felt dizzy, about to faint due to how awestruck you felt by his reply.

"Well, it does seem like a big deal, but I was just nothing more than a measly assistant, to say the least," He shut away the amazement that was increasing in your voice. You placed your hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you aren't measly. You're Quirrel! My pog best friend," You grinned at him, trying to cheer him up. A grateful smile appeared on his face, then eroded almost seconds after.

"Well, I always was clumsy, and there were times when I wouldn't be able to finish tasks by the time they were due. I also was rarely involved in more important Dreamer business. In fact, the majority of the time, I spent by myself, stacking books neatly on shelves, dusting windows and corridors, and just trying to disintegrate the boredom that kept emerging."

Hearing this made you more sad. Once again, you turned him towards, trying to act encouraging. "Listen. Look what you have become. Sure, leaving what was your home may cause some sadness, and losing your memories has done some damage, but you have changed immensely! You're now a great adventurer, who knows almost anything about Hallownest. Why do you think your kind soul was easily able to form a strong bond with me in the first place?"

You wanted him to feel special, to continue being selfless, to never stop being a friendly being in this drastically corrupted universe. You stayed quiet as a small tear slipped down from his face. He patted your head and, this time, stayed in a more enlightened mood.

"The problem was I barely had any company. This is why I appreciate you being here for me, (Y/N)," He blew out another miserable-sounding sigh, sounding as if he was still feeling pretty lonely. It ached your heart to see his mood change from the normal light-hearted friend you knew to a more depressed and sad kind of emotion.

"Say, I do have to go in here. I have to break the seal for Monomon, since she is the only one left. I guess I'll enter alone for the time being, since you seem pretty entranced by the graceful swimming of the jellyfish in front of us. It could even relieve your stress," You suggested, wanting Quirrel to feel happier instead of sadder.

He still looked pretty down and even slightly anxious for some reason, but you couldn't quite tell why. He nodded his head and remained silent, zoning out as he stared at the translucent, glowing jellyfish as they ascended upwards and calmly drifted closer to the floor in a repeated pattern. You hoped Quirrel would feel better, but you decided to turn your focus towards the archives and hesitantly entered inside.

------

It took some wading across acid with the help of Isma's tear, plus nearly being electrified by groups of shocking butterflies to discover that you found the center of Monomon's home, for it looked oddly shaped to be anything else. Unintentionally, the gates above and below you closed, and a more gigantic sized jellyfish rose from the bright green waters.

"What the hell are you..." You whispered to yourself, pretty nervous about the capabilities a more humongous jellyfish could have. You then felt a powerful sting jolt your arm back, bringing a few scars to commence forming. You hissed in pain, and then tried to attack the gluttonous creature, but a bubbly shield protected it from harm. Instead, you just sprung the opposite direction, nearly collapsing against the wall.

"How am I-" You were once again interrupted by interfering with more electricity. Apparently, this jellyfish can spread where it shocks things. It made you more frustrated with figuring out how to eliminate this threat. It seemed almost... impossible.