-2-

You didn't realize that whilst exploring that you would feel the extreme effects of one feeling: exhaustion.

It was soon as you had defeated The False Knight and nearly got killed that you started to grow a bit more cautious of the enemies that surrounded you. In addition, after finding The Snail Shaman's hut, you couldn't help but flop down onto the bench before going to talk to him.

You liked the way that every once in a while, his dialogue would include a muffled "Oh hoho," as if he wanted to lasso in some enthusiasm to spark up the topics being discussed in the conversation you were having. He granted you the ability to do a new spell: Vengeful Spirit. While it was beneficial, you weren't able to escape back to Dirtmouth till you revolved all around The Snail Shaman's home and got rid of the "threat" that gave him the anxiety to feel at peace.

As soon as you managed to finally defeat that Baldur, which constantly shot roly polies and infection at you from a distance, you left The Snail Shaman's home with an irritated mood. You felt guilty for stomping away without a single goodbye or polite gesture before leaving, but you were out of words after taking ages to defeat one of those aggravating creatures.

You would be much happier if you didn't come in contact with those annoying bugs again, but a small feeling inside you told you that you would eventually see them again.

Now that you had unlocked the new ability thanks to the magical snail, you were finally able to enter inside of the world of Greenpath. Compared to the dark and dull colors of The Forgotten Crossroads, Greenpath was vibrant and filled with life. Its lush, green plants bloomed what seemed like everywhere around you, as your feet touched the gently, waving grass beneath you.

Even the enemies were less of a bother. You were easily able to simply ignore them and trek across without a problem, for they were much cuter than the bugs you saw whilst in the crossroads. 

You even decided to pick up what seemingly looked like a "bush critter" to you, in your opinion. You carefully remove it from the ground and hug it to your chest. The smell that wafted from it in the air nearby combined with all aspects of the nature currently surrounding you.

"You things are just so cute!" You exclaim, as you nuzzled it closer. It shockingly looks at you, but didn't mind your fuzzy way of giving it a quick cuddle. You then allowed it to crawl to its home once again; you even gave it a small wave before retreating back to the upper platforms to continue checking out more of Greenpath's mysteries.

<<<<<  >>>>>

"Oh jeez, you're so fast!" You quickly huffed out, before nearly getting hit by the point of Hornet's needle for the 10th time. Unfortunately, you were more of an expert at fighting than dodging, so in just a moment, she was able to deal damage.

Hornet wasn't the type for speaking during battle; battle cries was something she preferred. She would scream things like "SHAW!" and "Edino!" nonstop as you attempted to slash your nail when you earned the chance. 

You felt like you could just collapse there and surrender completely. You just wanted to kneel down and beg her to spare you; even if that meant that you would appear as nothing more than a weakling to her. But some tiny feeling inside you began to make you feel more confident. 

A single thought about Quirrel popped up in your head. Just thinking about seeing him again and meeting up in the same area unexpectedly caused you to get more confident. A small smile started to enlarge upon your face, as you realized that all you had to was adapt to her speed and dashing.

You clutched your nail tighter, dusting yourself off from time to time as you swiftly figured out her moves. You were finally getting this! Your sense of belief increased as you continuously avoided her attacks and managed to hit her more often than you thought you would ever be able to.