Troy Burrows x reader (engagement story) part 1

A/N: Hello my friends and fellow readers! This is an idea that my friend dishi_joshi had told me! Credit to her for giving this idea to me! It will take some time to work on! If you have more ideas, DM me on my account and we can discuss privately! Thank you! Let's say that Troy has a sister who is younger than him by a couple of years named Teresa Holly Burrows and she is in middle school. Teresa also does self-defense just like her older brother Troy. She eventually becomes close with Y/N who joins the team and becomes the purple ranger.

Y/N's POV:

I heard from my parents that there is a martial arts and gymnastics competition at the community center in Harwood County. I said to my parents and my siblings, "Hey guys! I'm heading over to the rec center to watch the competition. I might practice my self-defense if I have to."

Mom said, "Alright, dear! You possibly might make some new friends and possibly meet the Power Rangers since they are quite popular in this town!" Amelia, my only sister, said, "I heard that they are always busy fighting monsters trying to destroy our planet Earth! I would love to meet them someday and thank them for defending our planet." I said, "Mia, that is so sweet! If I do ever meet them, I will tell them that my little sister would like to meet them! Well, I should get going! I don't want to end up being late!"

Everyone in my family waved goodbye to me as I walked out the door. As I was walking through the park that is close to the rec center, someone who was doing some running bumped into me and I accidentally ended up bumping into a handsome young man who is about my age wearing a red shirt and a black jacket. He looked like he goes to Harwood County High School just like me. I said, "I'm so sorry about that! Someone bumped into me and that caused me to bump into you!"

He said, "It's alright! I'm Troy Burrows and you are?" I said, "It's nice to meet you, Troy! I'm Y/N L/N!" Troy asked me, "It's nice to meet you too, Y/N! Are you possibly heading to the martial arts competition at the rec center today?" I said, "Yes, why do you ask?" He said, "Well, I'm heading to watch the competition too! I was hoping we could watch together and get to know each other better!" I said, "I would like that! I'll see you there! Bye!" When Troy finally left, I decided to walk over to the rec center after he left.

When I walked into the rec center, it was pretty cold and chilly. I noticed Troy sitting in the comfy chairs who I assume was waiting for me. I yelled, "Troy!" He looked around and noticing me standing there. He came over to me and said, "Y/N, I was waiting for you. Come on, let's go get some seats and we can get to know each other better." I said, "That sounds great." We headed to the bleachers that we were in the arena for the martial arts competition. I brought a bag with my TaeKwondo uniform with me secretly so I could practice my self-defense if I have to.

I said, "So tell me about yourself, Troy?!" Troy said, "Well, I have a black belt in martial arts." I said, "Interesting. I have a black belt in TaeKwondo." Troy said, "Do you have any siblings?" I said, "Yes, I do! I have a couple of siblings. I have a younger sister named Amelia L/N and two older brothers named Joshua L/N and Elijah L/N. What about you?" Troy said, "I have a younger sister named Teresa Burrows. She is in middle school and she is very sweet. I think that the two of you will become close and become friends." I said, "She sounds very nice. Maybe I could meet her one day."

Then the competition starts. I was starting to get a bit bored of watching so I decided to leave to practice my self-defense and my forms. Troy eventually noticed that I wasn't there anymore and went to find me. When he finally found me, he noticed that I was practicing my self-defense. He cleared his throat and he said, "Y/N? Why didn't you tell me that you left the competition? Were you bored of watching it?" I nodded and said, "Yeah. If I watch it for too long, I don't become interested in watching the rest. I decided to practice my self-defense in case someone starts picking on me." He said, "You are really good at it. Maybe we could practice our self-defense together one day when I'm not busy with other things."