Meanwhile...

The engines had just begun to wake up. They were sleepy and groggy, they looked at their unfamiliar surroundings.
"What on earth is this place?" asked Hank
"I dunno" replied a groggy Douglas.
They looked around, the massive funnels of the facility had been transformed into statues of flesh and a red mist covered the area.
They were all scared, they didn't know where they were and their crews were gone too.
"Oh dear, what are we gonna do?" asked Duck.
"We'll bash through and get out of here!" said Toby.
"You've bashed into too many things Mr. Toby." replied Toad.
As the engines discussed what do to next when they were interrupted by a faint horn.
"Who's there?" asked Douglas.
"Are you guys not zombiefied yet?"
"Aye, and proud of it."
The voice turned out to be Rusty, the little maintenance diesel from the Skarloey Railway.
He had been on loan to the site as a maintenance diesel, there is a maintenance tunnel that stretched underground from Crovan's Gate all the way to the facility.
Rusty had been hiding from the zombies by sneaking in and out of the place, avoiding the watchful eyes of the zombie overlords.
"Rusty, I can't believe it's you!" cried Mavis.
"Shhh" said Rusty. "He'll hear you."
After introductions and stories were exchanged they began discussing how to get the humans out.
Rusty knew every single vent and access way around the building.
Just then the humans appeared in the window above them.
"Right I'll go meet them sit tight." said the orange diesel before darting off.
As soon as he left Dennis loomed into view.