The Second in Command

After seeing Dennis' death, Rusty refocused and continued with the plan. He began to take the crew through the complex. They travelled through labs and offices, they were impressed with the areas Rusty was allowed access to.
"Wow why is there so much track?" asked one of the crew members.
"Simple" replied Rusty.
"They rushed this place. Back when this place was being constructed they told me that we needed to rush building this place. They didn't tell me why though back then. Now I fully know the reason, it's to contain those monsters.
They soon arrived at the tunnel. It looked like it would be a simple fix. Just fix the pumps and Rusty would be fine.
However, they heard a massive stomp. They looked around and staring right at them was Bert.
"Hello you guys, so planning to run eh?" Bert told the group.
"You must be desperate, there's no chance you're getting through there."
"Anyways, enough with this chatting."
"Minions, rip them to shreds!" he bellowed.
Soon a massive horde of zombies, charged at the group. The survivors fired at the horde, with zombies falling one after the other.
As the battle dragged on, they were running out of ammo. Everyone knew that once their ammo was gone, they would be overwhelmed.
Rusty hadn't done much ever since the battle began, you know with him being an engine.
He decided to focus on observing Bert, he noticed that the monster was controlling the zombies with some kind of telepathy. Rusty figured that if he could break Bert's concentration the zombies would stop attacking or at the very least slow them down and confuse them.
Rusty blared his horn.
"Aaaaaghhh" screamed Bert. The zombies all around them slowed down and began to attack anything. Including themselves and Bert.
"Get off of me you little rats!" bellowed Bert. He swung one of his meaty tendrils at the pump.
By some miracle the pump started again, draining the tunnel.
The crew and Rusty rushed through the tunnel in order to escape.
They left Bert who was still regaining control over the zombies.
One of the crew members dropped a stick of dynamite blowing up the entrance of the tunnel sealing it off for good.
"Dammit!" said Bert.
"Did you get what we needed?"
"Yes, we did."
Bert turned around to find discarded guns and makeshift armor that was torn off by the zombies  from the survivors.
Instructing the zombies to bring the materials to him.
He then proceeded to eat them.
"Have you ingested it yet?"
"Yes I have."
"Good"