It spreads

After that night the Ironworks Twins began to use more of the stuff. Coming every other day so that the blue liquid can ooze into their fuel tanks. When their crews asked about why they were doing this they simply said that it was just some boosters that was a gift from the fat controller. One day as the twins were topping up on the liquid when Dennis rolled in. "What are you two doing?" asked a puzzled Dennis. "We're just topping up on this fuel" said a nervous Arry. Then a thought hit him, if the diesels kept using this stuff they could convince the Fat Controller to get rid of steam once and for all. "Dennis you know how you don't like to push yourself right?" Bert quickly caught on to his brother. "Yes this special fuel makes you do the same work but with less effort being needed". Dennis being the lazy asshole he was fell for it and got some of the blue liquid. He quickly became dependent on it going back even more that Arry and Bert just to get more of it. As time wore on the three diesels began to act different. They were more abrasive than ever, they were always trying to either wiggling out of work or saying rude things to the other engines. Eventually word of their "shenanigans" reached Sir Topham Hatt. He immediately had the three diesels be put in their sheds pending an inspection from a group of railway scientists.  He also told  the crews visit a doctor and had the Sodor Ironworks closed temporarily. The findings from the railway scientists were horrible. It was found that the liquid the three diesels ingested was poisonous. It acted like some narcotic, making the diesels want more of it. The effects of prolonged exposure was still yet to be determined. The crews themselves were fine however they were a bit unusual. They began walking weird and their talking was slurred. The Fat Controller knowing if this was exposed to the press it could mean that the NWR could lose a large amount of their revenue and even bankrupt the company. So he paid for the construction of a special facility he built near Killdane. When anyone asked him about it he simply said "it's for research for better kinds of alternative fuel."