Chapter 3 : 2 Heroes with a Destiny

Bell Cranel's memories flooded inside Meliodas' head.

As he was absorbing all of this information, he was trying to learn as much information about this world as he could.

Vivid images flashes inside his head and played themselves like a movie.

Bell Cranel's past...

His knowledge about this world...

The time he spent in his village...

His aspirations...

His wish to become a hero...

And also his desire to build a harem...

He had fully acclimated to the memories of a 14-year-old village boy living with his grandfather.

Though Meliodas felt something was off about Bell's grandfather, his presence was eerily similar to that of a divine being but he never thought too deeply about it since the latter was no longer here.

At least this is what it says in Bell's memories.

Meliodas opened his eyes, people were still giving him strange looks but he didn't let this bother him too much and ignored them.

"What an interesting fellow"

Meliodas said.

He was doubting something in his mind, doubts that whether this world was real or an illusion created by the Supreme Deity.

For now, he put those thoughts at the back of his mind and decided to play along and treat this as another world.

One thing that caught his attention though, is that the 'gods' of this world lived among the mortals, unlike their world where they are seclusive and mostly stay on the sidelines.

In comparison, Meliodas' world only consists of three gods or four (if you include the Mother of Chaos) and there are so many gods of different variety in the Danmachi world. 

His body jolted in realization, he looked at his arms, and legs and even touched his face.

His skin was too soft and pure, his height had increased a little and he was wearing strange clothing that he had never worn before.

All the hard muscles in his body were gone and replaced with a tender but developing flesh.

"This isn't my body"

He spotted a nearby puddle of water and looked at his reflection and saw a familiar yet unfamiliar face.

"Red eyes...white hair... don't tell me!"

He just realized that he was in the body of the boy that he saw in those memories.

His first reaction was confusion, then a bit of panic and then he scratched his head while making a puzzled expression.

"If I am in his body then where is the original owner?"

That is when he felt another presence inside him, it was faint but he could feel Bell's pure and transparent soul in an unawakened state.

Meliodas made a worried expression, he wondered if his sudden transmigration might have gotten Bell killed indirectly or if his consciousness would be asleep for eternity.

He didn't know if there were any negative effects that could be brought by his sudden arrival.

Even though he never spoke to or even met Bell in person, he cared for him because he watched his entire life unfold and knew that the boy never deserved such a fate.

"Bell... it is such a nice name... it sounds a bit too feminine for a boy though"

Meliodas was considering naming his child 'Bell' if he ever returns to his world.