Chapter 42 : Storms Brewing and Hidden Tension

The degree of difficulty isn't just because there are now more variant monsters spawning in the dungeon, no, this isn't the sole reason.

It could also be attributed to the fact the overall combat power of the 'normal' monsters themselves is also strengthened, as well as the spawn rate increasing.

Information about this has already spread, but nevertheless there are outliers who didn't pay heed to the guild's warnings.

The guild is not their mother, they already sent out information and warned the adventurers of the current abnormal predicament of the dungeon.

Whether they actually listened or not, it is up to them and fate dictates whether they survive, they don't have the energy take care of everyone.

Arrogance and confidence in their abilities and strength, curiosity about the changes etc. these would be some the reasons in them ignoring said warnings.

Though this would be quelled with time with the lessons of the past and the advenuters would slowly adjust to it, it is unknown even to Ouranous if the dungeon will ever go back to its normal state again.

He did everything he could about this, he could only manage to avoid the situation of the dungeon from worsening, though if Ouranous didn't use his arcanum to control the dungeon, the middle floors would become the new deep floors and the upper floors would become the new middle floors.

It would become to a point where even first-class adventurers would be hard-pressed to survive in the 20 floors below.

And also the fact that the safe-zones such as floor 18 known as Rivira, where monsters don't usually spawn and serves like a checkpoint for adventurers and similarly floor 50, would no longer become safe-zones.

For reference, it would like playing at easy mode all the time but suddenly playing at hardcore mode.

Let's not forget the fact that the lid(the dungeon) had a high chance becoming open and monsters would spew forth towards the surface, changing the landscape of the world of Danmachi forever.

This is why the usually impartial Ouranous who never left his throne in who knows forever had gone to confront the source of all this, The Supreme Deity, himself.

While the common folk could only make up their own guesses and theories on what's going on with the inner workings of the dungeon, there is one thing that they all commonly concluded.

Is that the fact that something eventful would happen in the future and its drawing near.

The atmosphere of the city had become solemn and heavy. Troublemaking familias such as the Soma familia and the Ikelos familia had been suppressed. 

There would even be some riots that had happened due to panic and fear but has been placated by the righteous familias such as the Ganesha familia and the like.

In the dungeon, where Bell is being teased by his party, roars in the distance could be heard.

The Takemikazuchi familia was one of the idiots who ignored the guild's warnings and headed straight to the middle floors despite not meeting the standard requirements of entering.

And just like in the original story, they are gonna screw Bell and his party and take advantage of them because of their carelessness and pass parade them.

As for how the events played out, find out in the next chapter when I update this shit.

In the middle of the city of Orario, the Supreme Deity, the source of the panic and tension that occurred in Orario, didn't care at all of the situation in the city.