Chapter 32 : Vigilance

Despite her efforts in trying to figure Bell out and making her familia members investigate him, Bell or more to say Meliodas, had been aware of Freya's attempts to spy on him. Even though they knew that Bell is supposedly only a 3rd-class adventurer, he had shown a surprising amount of vigilance, courtesy to Meliodas.

Even members of the Freya familia's stealth troops wasn't an exception, when they tried to stalk Bell in the dungeon or in the city.

But Meliodas didn't tell Bell mainly because he could sense that the other side is powerful, if they made a move even with [Demon Mark], they would be unable to resist.

Even though their souls are linked by some arcane magic, the effect is that they could feel what the other felt and even look into their memories, if they want to they can even hear each others thoughts but Meliodas occupies an advantage mainly because the strength of his soul was stronger. 

The other side was a former Demon King that reached the level of Gods at one point while the other is a normal human.

His advantage was that he could actively block and restrict what Bell could infer, in other words he controls what Bell is allowed or not allowed to access, whether it was his memories, thoughts or feelings. If he wanted to, Meliodas could forcibly control Bell's body and there was nothing that the latter could do about it.

If it wasn't for Meliodas having the ability to sense magic signatures from his world, he couldn't even detect any disturbance or find traces, which showed how skilled they are, if they reported this to the authorities, it could alert them into taking action.

They could only pray that they wouldn't bring trouble, of course that was wishful thinking on his part and the only thing they could do was to get stronger and plan contingencies if they decided to take action.

Fortunately, after a few days of sneaking around, perhaps detecting Meliodas' vigilance or their stalking got fruitless results, they've spontaneously stopped, Meliodas was relieved and nervous at the same time. While Bell, with his usual smiling and eager face is heading towards the dungeon.

It was not that Bell was unaware or ignorant, he was not stupid enough that he couldn't notice anything from Meliodas' attitude recently, even with Meliodas blocking his thoughts, Bell could vaguely sense that there was some looming danger ahead of them.

But recalling the amazing feats that Meliodas did from the memories that he saw, he had some sense of security, that he was not alone and could tide through any dangers,

As for why Meliodas not telling Bell that there were people spying on them, he wanted Bell to get stronger without any distractions.

Anyway, there was nothing he could do about those stalkers and he even sensed several magic signatures stronger than Ais, Bete or Shakti. 

From the information she got, Freya was surprised about her discoveries about Bell, she was intrigued how different Bell could be compared to when he was in the dungeon and when he was strolling around the city with an idiotic smile.

Whenever she sees Bell fighting monsters in the dungeon, with the help of magical items that lets her spy on anyone from afar, even Meliodas couldn't sense this so Freya could spy on them at her leisure.

His heroic aspirations and fights would turn her on and would climax at least once.

She was beyond astonished at the fact that someone could possess two souls, after some research and thinking, she concluded that it was not some sort of dual personality disorder, but there were actually two separate individuals occupying the same vessel, this made more sense than her initial guess.